• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

PP prices are based on speculation of something greater than/outside the book itself. If that flops, watch the dominoes tumble.

You can't say that for sure. You're ignoring the fact that its a take on a well known story and set of characters and its audience is people who grew up on the Spielberg and Disney movies. People love retellings, remakes, etc of familiar stories and characters. You've got 10 million people watching Elementary, a take on Sherlock Holmes with a female Asian version of Watson ffs.

I think if CBS had a person stand around and say "hey! this is a cop show" they'd get 10 Million viewers. I'd like to hear how one of their pitch meetings go.

"Well, it's a cop and..."

"Sounds great. We are in. 20 episodes!"

PP prices are based on speculation of something greater than/outside the book itself. If that flops, watch the dominoes tumble.

You can't say that for sure. You're ignoring the fact that its a take on a well known story and set of characters and its audience is people who grew up on the Spielberg and Disney movies. People love retellings, remakes, etc of familiar stories and characters. You've got 10 million people watching Elementary, a take on Sherlock Holmes with a female Asian version of Watson ffs.

The timing of the price spike was exactly when the BBC and motion action buzz started though I agree its possible people could be longing for another retelling if its done well.

the inside is still awesome.

Thats not in doubt.

I have no dog in this race - and for the record AGAIN my issue is with retailer variants - and as these are are direct Image ones,you need to read my postings again.

Snipe at my dislike of variants, in fact snipe all you want - I'm actually trying to help some of you - as a person who has seen quite a few "new Turks" type boardies that slink off into the night never to be seen again - and with empty wallets.

Make it personal Pie if you want - it will not change the fact that you have paid a silly amount for your book to have a different colour cover.

Aided and abetted by ES who saw you coming a mile away.

And as he is the creator - its nice for them to have a win for a change.

Again done with this - it is what it is - and what it is,is that you are sitting on a pile of stuff you waaaay overpaid for and the market, especially ebay is showing you.

Bail while they still have any value left.

Thats my last word on the subject.

If anyone was making it personal, it was you. If you don't agree with Andy's opinion, you're stupid :screwy:

That isn't what I said.

No-one else took it that way.

Agree, don't agree - I'm not sitting on these, so again my care factor about your overspending is Zero.

As you were.

Does this apply to the first prints? I don't see them going anywhere but up.

If your a normal joe walking into the LCS your not gonna see a blue or orange or whatever variant of nowhere men.

They most likely pick up a second printing and start reading, never knowing about the variants and not caring one bit. It's those readers that will keep this series going. It's a great story so far and the covers are awesome. Nothing but love from me.

Maybe the Variants may hurt the secondary market a bit but that's about it from where I sit.

But what do I know I'm a noobie at all this... :hi:

Andy, seriously, get ahold of yourself. Its like talking to an apple sometimes. Im sure Wushu is pround of those books and spent well earned change on them. Stop in everyone's cheerios. You do this all the time. Everyone here isn't as stupid as you suspect and you aren't the wise old sage.

Andy, seriously, get ahold of yourself. Its like talking to an apple sometimes. Im sure Wushu is pround of those books and spent well earned change on them. Stop in everyone's cheerios. You do this all the time. Everyone here isn't as stupid as you suspect and you aren't the wise old sage.

Again Pie - the only person arguing is you.No need to bring Wushy into this - he can (and has) spoken for himself.

Check the posts after my first comment - they all agreed!

This isn't about being a 'sage' or an 'apple' its about trying to not let people lose a ton of money.

Its not 'everyones' Cheerios - just those that bought this book - which you would be one of.

You are unable to NOT take this personally as you have a fair few runners in the race.

Stop suggesting its just me saying this.

Go back a few pages and look for yourself.

There are a fair few people saying the same.

Go argue the toss with them.

If NWM is soo good, why are there multiple unsold copies of 2 + 3 sitting on the shelves here in Melbourne?

If you bother to go back 10 pages or so,you will see I offered to buy them and send them over for cover - not one taker.

This is a board and ES driven frenzy.

I still don't know why you don't get the most basic of basic points.

I love PP,Revival,TWD,Hack/Slash, even Punk Rock Jesus now I have read a few more.

I can be quite happily positive about those books.

This one I'm not.

Carry On.Or not. Preferrably not.For everyones sake.

I'm not thrilled about the variants either and hope this is the end of them.

Quoted for posterity.

I went to bed at the beginning of the fireworks.

My 2c

It's a little frustrating for me personally with some modern runs because I actually would like to build a competitive set. Last year, I made the statement that I was planning on building a Revival competitive set. Then all the subsequent prints started coming out and by the time issue five was out there were like 16 books out.

Sooo, from that point I changed my strategy to first prints only (and I have some variants). I can have three first print runs slabbed for different series if I chose to not be a competitionist for one.

Which would you prefer:

The first five (first print) slabs of (1) NWM, (2) Revival, and (3) Saga

or

Every Revival book slabbed (or any series you prefer).

I'd love to have a competitive set (think it's cool), but I like too many other series to put all my $$$ toward one of them completely.

Once again 2c

I'm with you Ryan, as a collector, I would much prefer to complete runs with a few diamonds rather than try to track down books in grade that are only rare or only in demand in grade. The registry is great in that it stimulates demand for graded copies of all issues, even obscure ones. The problem with the later released variants is, people think they are done with the tough early issues and now are forced to track down another #1 cover in 9.8. This reduces the number of people attempting completion and brings down the price for truly rare variants. This is why I don't get into the competitive set game. I would rather collect high points from several different lines and keep my deeper lower demand issues raw.

I understand why people do the registry, I just don't think I want to try and catch up.

I went to bed at the beginning of the fireworks.

My 2c

It's a little frustrating for me personally with some modern runs because I actually would like to build a competitive set. Last year, I made the statement that I was planning on building a Revival competitive set. Then all the subsequent prints started coming out and by the time issue five was out there were like 16 books out.

Sooo, from that point I changed my strategy to first prints only (and I have some variants). I can have three first print runs slabbed for different series if I chose to not be a competitionist for one.

Which would you prefer:

The first five (first print) slabs of (1) NWM, (2) Revival, and (3) Saga

or

Every Revival book slabbed (or any series you prefer).

I'd love to have a competitive set (think it's cool), but I like too many other series to put all my $$$ toward one of them completely.

Once again 2c

Believe it or not Ryan, that's exactly how I feel, and you can see it with all my paintings, I only get made First Appearance and Origin, that's it...All though the entire sets are cool to have but so Many variants are exploding everywhere...

^^

I'm with you Ryan, as a collector, I would much prefer to complete runs with a few diamonds rather than try to track down books in grade that are only rare or only in demand in grade. The registry is great in that it stimulates demand for graded copies of all issues, even obscure ones. The problem with the later released variants is, people think they are done with the tough early issues and now are forced to track down another #1 cover in 9.8. This reduces the number of people attempting completion and brings down the price for truly rare variants. This is why I don't get into the competitive set game. I would rather collect high points from several different lines and keep my deeper lower demand issues raw.

I understand why people do the registry, I just don't think I want to try and catch up.

I'm with you,hate the registry.

If NWM is soo good, why are there multiple unsold copies of 2 + 3 sitting on the shelves here in Melbourne?

If you bother to go back 10 pages or so,you will see I offered to buy them and send them over for cover - not one taker.

Mate, regardless of whether or not you are into NWM, if there are 2 and 3 sitting on the shelves, you should really be grabbing them for yourself and flipping them to go towards your next silver age purchase