• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I've enjoyed the book on the whole, there is skill on display, both in the writing and the art...but it is a cold read. A bit clinical. There's not a lot of fun. That would be my main criticism. But again, there's clearly been a lot of thought into the construction of the story, so I'll stick it out for at least a while longer.

I get what you mean about the book lacking the "fun" aspect. It's still a good read, though.

I'm quite partial to the title, but Think Tank has the all the fun and the smarts. Probably why I like it so much.

I've enjoyed the book on the whole, there is skill on display, both in the writing and the art...but it is a cold read. A bit clinical. There's not a lot of fun. That would be my main criticism. But again, there's clearly been a lot of thought into the construction of the story, so I'll stick it out for at least a while longer.

(thumbs u on all counts. That sounds pretty much like what I said back on issue #2. With those caveats stated, it's a unique title, I do love the creative thinking and richness of detail that goes into it, and it seems like it's building towards something cool. So for now I'll continue to give it a chance.

(thumbs u on all counts. That sounds pretty much like what I said back on issue #2. With those caveats stated, it's a unique title, I do love the creative thinking and richness of detail that goes into it, and it seems like it's building towards something cool. So for now I'll continue to give it a chance.

Yup, it is nothing if not ambitious. But there needs to be some payoff soon. That's the only way this reads well as a TPB. The first trade can't be all set-up. There has to be a balance between the title's creative ambitions and commercial realities. We shall see.

First page of #5. I thought the purpose of writing in scientific notation was so the number were all greater than or equal to one and less than 10. Why write 1.35*10^3 m, but then also write 560 m instead of 5.6*10^2?

You're right about scientific notation, but its also sometimes convenient to make sure the power of 10 is a multiple of 3. When using SI, to make it easier to read off the number using metric prefixes. If memory serves, this is called "engineering notation".

yep, nerd here,

Bazborg

BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN! sorry had to get that out.

For the contest go to page 529 of this thread or NWM tumblr or E S tumblr. I think they're making it easy to miss. So far I've only seen that one picture with the details on page 529. I know it's not a lot to go on and it doesn't say where to tweet the art exactly. I don't know if E S or Nate have twitter but image comics does.