• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

That movie absolutely rocks.

"Sparkle Motion" has been one of our regular team names for bar trivia for years now (right up there with "Tom Cruise isn't gay, but his boyfriend is", and "Chuck E Cheese, table for one")

Edited by jjeanius

Image's website was probably updated sometime today. I checked it yesterday and the release date for #6 was July 17th.

Now the release dates are #6 Aug 21st. #7 Aug 27th. Trade Aug 14th. But the trade has 1 to 6. Link here.

https://www.imagecomics.com/comics/upcoming-releases/2013/8

I'm going to cry now.

Oy. :( Why would they be released a week apart from each other? Could the #6 date just be a mistake?

Maybe it's not E.S. holding things up? Anyone ever think it might be Nate?

I recall awhile back that Nate had OA for sale...then someone mentioned that he had paid Nate and that they never received the OA.....or something like that.

E.S. was participating at that time on the forums as well. He got his panties all bunched up about the complaints and came to Nate's defense.

I also remember someone stating that E.S. should 'poke Nate's cage' when things were getting behind....once again E.S. took issue with the statement and had some quippy retort.

I recall E.S. saying something about there being weather issues and other stuff that caused delays and ultimately Nate put the kibosh on selling OA because it was getting in the way of his scheduled work.

All in all E.S. seems like a pretty tightly wound character, from the pictures, the criticisms, the job he has, his writing style....everything. I would find it a bit incredible if he was the sole reason this title was being delayed again and again and again.

Is it possible that Nate is overwhelmed by the demands of an ongoing? I've seen this happen with a few other artists and it appears to be ubiquitous in the industry.

If anything E.S. should be thrilled that there's such an uproar when there are delays. It means that the fan base is craving more and are demanding the product. All excuses aside, I'm not sure why there isn't a more concerted effort to satisfy those demands.

Word to Taco. I don't think it's dead I just think they are excited to get out issues sooner than they actually can. I heard Nate is slow. I love his art but it would be nice if they didn't solicit issues until they were complete. Oh well. Whenever it gets released I'm all over it.

seems that only speculators are concerned about the delays

I think that's a fair statement, but it excludes the fans that are a bit miffed with the erratic nature of the releases.