• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting for the official Nowhere Men excuse t-shirt replete with these fashionable quotes:

My dog ate the artwork.

I'm an editor and really busy with other things.

It's snowing.

There was a Boston marathon bombing.

Weaksauce mental illness prevents me from drawing pictures for a living (but I've got tons of time to blog and chit-chat online)

etc.

I do remember something about blaming the bombing...apparently too stressed out to work.

E.S. probably still blames that variant that a boardie was trying to sell before the Con....he was majorly ticked off about that...internet nerds trying to kill all the fun.

I do remember something about blaming the bombing...apparently too stressed out to work.

E.S. probably still blames that variant that a boardie was trying to sell before the Con....he was majorly ticked off about that...internet nerds trying to kill all the fun.

E.S. was a major during his time on the boards. He targeted the one audience that could propel his property into obscurity or legend and was determined to make them feel like aholes: speculators.

Being the consumate professional he could have given more of a heads up about the delays and certainly could have eluded to the problems that Nate allegedly/purportedly has without divulging any private info.

Instead he let the negative feelings fester and blamed the fans for demanding things in a timely or regular manner.

Ultimately he had a hissy-fit and hit the big red button on the thread, all the time blaming and lashing out at the fans.

I definitely DON'T buy the "I'm mentally ill" nonsense that Nate is selling. I've worked firsthand with psychiatric patients, patients that have mood and anxiety disorders, etc.....

One of the therapies employed during their rehabilitative or recovery process is "ART THERAPY", where they literally sit these bipolar, schizoaffective, schizophrenia, delusional, etc. folks down and make them draw to vocalize their issues both imagined and real. Most patients thoroughly enjoy the time spent doing that and almost without exception when questioned they indicate they believe it's helpful.

If anything, trying to knock out a few panels would be therapeutic.

Instead, we get the ring around the mullberry bush explanation of why this guy can't pick up a pencil without breaking down.

Full-metal compostable_fertilizer is what that is. It's an outright insult to folks that have REAL and documented illnesses and it's tantamount to the kind of excuse a grade school kid gives his teacher for not finishing his homework.

To boot, there's just no reasonable excuse for E.S.'s condescending and argumentative stance relating to any activities here on the boards.

Without fans there is no market. Don't take a huge dump on them is the lesson he didn't want to learn. Oh well, it's just a broken record at this point.

E.S. was a major during his time on the boards. He targeted the one audience that could propel his property into obscurity or legend and was determined to make them feel like aholes: speculators.

Being the consumate professional he could have given more of a heads up about the delays and certainly could have eluded to the problems that Nate allegedly/purportedly has without divulging any private info.

Instead he let the negative feelings fester and blamed the fans for demanding things in a timely or regular manner.

Ultimately he had a hissy-fit and hit the big red button on the thread, all the time blaming and lashing out at the fans.

I definitely DON'T buy the "I'm mentally ill" nonsense that Nate is selling. I've worked firsthand with psychiatric patients, patients that have mood and anxiety disorders, etc.....

One of the therapies employed during their rehabilitative or recovery process is "ART THERAPY", where they literally sit these bipolar, schizoaffective, schizophrenia, delusional, etc. folks down and make them draw to vocalize their issues both imagined and real. Most patients thoroughly enjoy the time spent doing that and almost without exception when questioned they indicate they believe it's helpful.

If anything, trying to knock out a few panels would be therapeutic.

Instead, we get the ring around the mullberry bush explanation of why this guy can't pick up a pencil without breaking down.

Full-metal compostable_fertilizer is what that is. It's an outright insult to folks that have REAL and documented illnesses and it's tantamount to the kind of excuse a grade school kid gives his teacher for not finishing his homework.

To boot, there's just no reasonable excuse for E.S.'s condescending and argumentative stance relating to any activities here on the boards.

Without fans there is no market. Don't take a huge dump on them is the lesson he didn't want to learn. Oh well, it's just a broken record at this point.

The ironic part was most of the boardies here could see thru the B.S. from E. S. yet many kept giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the next time something like this happens he won't get such a free pass and pats on the back. 2c

How is E.S.'s new book doing? I picked up #1, it was meh , so I stopped there.

Mind you, as long as speculators keep lining up for any new Image #1 he does not really need to worry what a few people post on a message board........

Mind you, as long as speculators keep lining up for any new Image #1 he does not really need to worry what a few people post on a message board........

It doesn't make him any less of a sphincter.

How is E.S.'s new book doing? I picked up #1, it was meh , so I stopped there.

I stopped reading it too. Nowhere men started in the most awesome way but left a horrible aftertaste imo.

I found a couple of leftover copies of NwM #1 1st print in a long box I dug out the other day - I am going to put them out at $5 apiece at a show this weekend to see if they sell.

I found a couple of leftover copies of NwM #1 1st print in a long box I dug out the other day - I am going to put them out at $5 apiece at a show this weekend to see if they sell.

I'd probably buy them if I saw them at a show.

It had great potential, sad about how it ended, but mature enough to handle it in an adult manner :P

From the new solicitations...

Nowhere Men, Vol. 1: Fates Worse Than Death TP (New Printing)

story: Eric Stephenson

art / cover: Nate Bellegarde, Jordie Bellaire, & Fonografiks

August 05 / 144 pages / Full Color / Mature Readers / $9.99

The Eisner-nominated sci-fi hit returns in a new printing, with an all-new cover to herald the series’ return in Fall 2015.

rt6pOlE.gif

My hope is that they launch only when the next arc is complete. I do like Nate's art and I hope he's still on the book. But if you can't do monthly then don't do monthly and would be happy to have large breaks between arcs as long as the actual arc comes out on time.