• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I got to the third page where he said he has aspergers.

I have aspergers and I didn't make Nowhere Men late.

Too little too late I'm afraid.

What did you do to try and make sure it was on time?

I'm not quite ready to let you off the hook yet...

Issues 4 to 6 had about 10,000 to 15,000 printed for each issue.

Serious question. Do you guys think they could still sell around 10,000 to 15,000 of #7 WHEN it comes out? I think it would sell easy. What do you think?

No

See: Danger Club.

I don't think there is really a rule about this sort of thing. However... I still see a ton of people talking about Nowhere Men. I think it'll sell. Maybe not 15k, but it'll sell, and if it manages to string together some consistent releases, numbers will climb.

It is easily one of the most cohesive comics I have read in a long, long time, so add on a bit of consistency and the audience will be there.

Facebook - 02/2014:

We do love No Place Like Home and we do realise that some of you are a little pissed it’s taking so long. All we ask is for a little more patience, we promise 2014 will see the next chapter of No Place Like Home. -Angelo

In any event..they posted this 2 years ago and I said "awe hell yea!!" and then it never came out.. (shrug)

The-Spear-1-Cover.jpg

At that time, non of the Image books were really hot. Except WD.

The biggest point I've tried to stress is the quality of the book. It matters... if they can become consistent, people will buy it. Even the speculators holding a grudge :)

Can someone quickly summarize that lengthy diatribe about why NWM was held up?

I started reading it and immediately fell asleep. All I got out of it was assburgers and honestly I'm still confused.

I started reading it and immediately fell asleep. All I got out of it was assburgers and honestly I'm still confused.

Basically, the artist had a breakdown. He has a number of emotional and mental disorders he is attempting to get under wraps. He wants to be held more accountable. He is still working hard on the book and they have ever intention of seeing it through, but he and Stephenson (and apparently all others involved) feel his health and well being are the most important thing.

Long story short... they will start releasing the book again once they can get a bit of a lead. They don't want to release one and then fall behind again like they did with #6.

Basically, the artist had a breakdown. He has a number of emotional and mental disorders he is attempting to get under wraps. He wants to be held more accountable. He is still working hard on the book and they have ever intention of seeing it through, but he and Stephenson (and apparently all others involved) feel his health and well being are the most important thing.

Long story short... they will start releasing the book again once they can get a bit of a lead. They don't want to release one and then fall behind again like they did with #6.

:thumbsup: thanks!

I also wouldn't waste another penny on it.

I feel for the guy. But, in all honesty, it did more damage than good for me. He's illustrated that he can't get the work time in a timely/consistent manner (through the article and the description of the # of years to get a few issues released). It would take a long run for me to believe that would change.

Patrick

I also wouldn't waste another penny on it.

I feel for the guy. But, in all honesty, it did more damage than good for me. He's illustrated that he can't get the work time in a timely/consistent manner (through the article and the description of the # of years to get a few issues released). It would take a long run for me to believe that would change.

Patrick

I don't understand this response - is it purely a speculation / flip response, or a reader response?

I guess I completely understand it from the first perspective, but from a reader perspective... we never really have any guarantees about how long a story will last. If it is good, I just try to enjoy it as it appears.

I agree, inconsistent release schedules for comics are annoying - a month is long enough to wait as is - but a good story is a good story.

It's from a reader perspective.

The 1st few were good, the last couple were pretty poor.

They were definitely not worth the wait.

People balked after waiting on Manifest Destiny to return. That was planned and not nearly as long. And frankly the book is much better.

Patrick