• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

:sorry:

NWM2.jpg

NWM2bc.jpg

That cover is still awesome, no matter what happens to this book.

I agree but every time that I look at it, it makes we wonder what could have been.

Well, if you don't want to look at it any more, I'm sure someone could find a nice home for it :grin:

I paid such stupid money for it that at this point, I'd rather hold out hope that something happens with the series than sell it for an enormous loss.

I have a buddy who's a longtime OA collector (over 20 years). Whenever he buys a piece these days, he asks himself "Would I still be happy with this purchase if the value goes down by half in a year?" That internal test has served him well. Despite that test, he's actually an active collector (albeit a picky one), but he's buying OA for reasons other than any potential monetary gain. Makes the hobby more enjoyable, to not have that angst.

I have a buddy who's a longtime OA collector (over 20 years). Whenever he buys a piece these days, he asks himself "Would I still be happy with this purchase if the value goes down by half in a year?" That internal test has served him well. Despite that test, he's actually an active collector (albeit a picky one), but he's buying OA for reasons other than any potential monetary gain. Makes the hobby more enjoyable, to not have that angst.

That's a good test. My favorite piece of OA that I own is from a mini which didn't get much acclaim and has virtually no chance of sought after, but it's a piece of art onto itself and looks good hanging on the wall; I never plan on selling it.

That being said, I've also made a few hasty purchases earlier in my OA collecting days that I later regretted as I was chasing the 'hot' title and not the image on the page. Regret can be a good teacher too.

That's a good test. My favorite piece of OA that I own is from a mini which didn't get much acclaim and has virtually no chance of sought after, but it's a piece of art onto itself and looks good hanging on the wall; I never plan on selling it.

That being said, I've also made a few hasty purchases earlier in my OA collecting days that I later regretted as I was chasing the 'hot' title and not the image on the page. Regret can be a good teacher too.

Helheim :cry:

Would have made a great ongoing

Ha Ha - good guess Ryan, but I wasn't being quite so cynical. My Helheim cover is awesome, but I was actually referring to Debris by Rossimo. I LOVE this cover & think it transcends beyond comic art.

<a  href=88D1FDE8-8F02-498B-B173-F7391D136DD1-616

Edited by Hekla

Ha Ha - good guess Ryan, but I wasn't being quite so cynical. My Helheim cover is awesome, but I was actually referring to Debris by Rossimo. I LOVE this cover & think it transcends beyond comic art.

<a  href=88D1FDE8-8F02-498B-B173-F7391D136DD1-616

Love me some Helheim and cant wait for the next arc.

As for Debris, I actually just reread the run the other day. Good little story for those that haven't read it. Still feel it could have been turned into a bigger world and longer run/story

In all seriousness, if anyone has any Nowhere Men OA they want to sell, I'd be happy to talk.

Regardless of whether this series dies with Issue 6 it was a great book.

Exactly, I love my three pages. If another issue was never printed, I would still be happy with the pages. I love the work Nate did on the book.

Regardless at least we know there were another three issues planned for the Nowhere Men second arc.

Nowhere-Men-7.jpg

Issue 7 - Meet Monica Strange

Nowhere-Men-8.jpg

Issue 8 - Life's what you make it.

FEB140617.jpg

Issue 9 - The world is changing

I, for one, still believe we'll see them one day; an indefinite hiatus ≠ cancelled. And ES talked about it here including the lengthy delays. Who knows, maybe something might get announced at SDCC, if not a new arc, perhaps a TV show/movie? Be fun watching everyone get back on board again then.

I'm just looking for one more issue to complete my collection; Nowhere Men #1 Thought Bubble Variant in 9.8 Universal or SS. Anyone here got one to sell?

I'm just looking for one more issue to complete my collection; Nowhere Men #1 Thought Bubble Variant in 9.8 Universal or SS. Anyone here got one to sell?

I have one Universal 9.8, but I'll wait to sell it until after the show announcement! :baiting:

lol