• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One year warranty on comics?

19 posts in this topic

"vintage storytelling and artistry from the golden age of comics" :) I like how the comics are so skillfully scattered about for the photographs. It gives that sense of "yes, these are still in mint condition, but they're in a pile because I just finished reading them, just how we used to handle them when we were kids."

I know this is such trash, but man am I tempted to pull the trigger on this one. These deals always get me... :cry:

I love grab bags.

I've even sent folks on the boards $100 and told them to send me

$100 worth of BAs to just have the surprise!

:cloud9:

I know this is such trash, but man am I tempted to pull the trigger on this one. These deals always get me... :cry:

I love grab bags.

:applause:

I love grab bags.

I pulled the trigger... The 30+ packs of unopened cards did it for me. My Girlfriend has two young nephews that will love opening the packs of cards and reading the comics.

That and I get to open some....

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

My wife bought this deal for me as a gift thinking it would be cool from this trashy place and it was absolute trash! :frustrated: I say again trash!!!! Not one BA book in the bunch... a stack of indie copper drek and mid ninties !!!!! A stack of books that you would be lucky to get a quarter for! Absolute ... a waste of money..... You would do better taking 20 dollars and buying a couple books from Milehighcomics!

I love grab bags.

I pulled the trigger... The 30+ packs of unopened cards did it for me. My Girlfriend has two young nephews that will love opening the packs of cards and reading the comics.

Dammit I didnt stop you in time! Sorry..... doh!

I love grab bags.

Dammit I didnt stop you in time! Sorry..... doh!

Haha well what were the card packs that you got?

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

My wife bought this deal for me as a gift thinking it would be cool from this trashy place and it was absolute trash! :frustrated: I say again trash!!!! Not one BA book in the bunch... a stack of indie copper drek and mid ninties !!!!! A stack of books that you would be lucky to get a quarter for! Absolute ... a waste of money..... You would do better taking 20 dollars and buying a couple books from Milehighcomics!

Buying tip for Mile High - just in case you are interested.

Don't buy their NM books. Buy the VG books. As near as I can tell no one actually grades most of the books. Certainly not the "run" books. They just sort of stick stickers on the bags based on what they need to sell I guess. You will mostly be disappointed with NM - and mostly be pleased with VG - since there often isn't any difference.

I've seen much worse deals you know. For $30 shipped you get 50-65 comics and 36 unopened packs of collector cards. You are essentially paying 30-35 cents per item. You can't possibly feel messed over. If you don't like cheap, overstocked low demand stuff pass. If you'll have fun going through it's only $30.

Not my cup of tea - I'd rather spend $25 on one book - but it can't be that bad.