• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is this guy talking about ?

12 posts in this topic

There are two version of Batman 1.

One has "No 1" on the cover (the "no dot" version).

The other has "No .1" on the cover (the "misplaced dot" version).

Contrary to what this seller is saying, based on the discussions on threads you can look up on this site, I think most collectors view the "No .1" misplaced dot version as the earlier of the two.

If you were trying to sell a comic for $20,000 claiming that's it's a rare variant, wouldn't you explain what the heck "no dot" means? Wouldn't you proof the copy in your listing? Wouldn't you include a scan of the back cover and a scan of the label? Would you charge the buyer $6.30 for shipping?

If you were trying to sell a comic for $20,000 claiming that's it's a rare variant, wouldn't you explain what the heck "no dot" means? Wouldn't you proof the copy in your listing? Wouldn't you include a scan of the back cover and a scan of the label? Would you charge the buyer $6.30 for shipping?

The seller is a boardie. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to answer your questions.

The seller is a boardie. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to answer your questions.

Whether he does or not is no concern of mine. If he can sell comics with listings like this, more power to him.

I read your post, and before I clicked the link I just knew who it was going to be

doh!

I read your post, and before I clicked the link I just knew who it was going to be

doh!

heeheee. i had the same feeling, and voila.

I don't know if there's much of a price variation between dot and no dot Batman 1s, but since the book is restored, who's to say the dot wasn't just painted over? I had a Marvel 4 restored once, and the bottom right corner that's supposed to be orange was painted black by the restorer. I didn't spot this mistake till many months later.

I don't know if there's much of a price variation between dot and no dot Batman 1s, but since the book is restored, who's to say the dot wasn't just painted over? I had a Marvel 4 restored once, and the bottom right corner that's supposed to be orange was painted black by the restorer. I didn't spot this mistake till many months later.
that is great point. There is no interior difference to support which printing was first or if it was an in process plate correction etc. so like supes 1, etc at this level there really has never been a separation in printing values so can't imagine why we would start now (shrug)

that is great point. There is no interior difference to support which printing was first or if it was an in process plate correction etc. so like supes 1, etc at this level there really has never been a separation in printing values so can't imagine why we would start now (shrug)

(thumbs u