• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats, Steve and Mark!

86 posts in this topic

Congrats to you both!

I'm still waiting for you to open your west coast office. It's my destiny.

First congrats to S&M (err - that didn;t come out quite right!)

And Borock! Get a San Francisco site. Get out of hot, humid, insect riddled comic book unfriendly FLA and join us.....join us. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats to you both!

And Borock! Get a San Francisco site. Get out of hot, humid, insect riddled comic book unfriendly FLA and join us.....join us. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah Steve - West Coast office - free DEAD tickets to every show!!! 27_laughing.gif

Congrats to you both!

How sweet would that be? I could walk my books over to CGC and harass them daily if the grading took too long. cloud9.gif

Have you guys ever thought about opening a west coast branch, as it were?

Congrats to you both!

How sweet would that be? I could walk my books over to CGC and harass them daily if the grading took too long. cloud9.gif

that would be one of worst things that CGC could do. Something they should never consider.

that would be one of worst things that CGC could do. Something they should never consider.

...And your reasons are? confused-smiley-013.gif

It would create a grading disparity. Is this location a stricter grader than that location? Is this location faster than that location? Questions that don't need to be asked. There is no reason why they should have more than one location.

It would create a grading disparity. Is this location a stricter grader than that location? Is this location faster than that location? Questions that don't need to be asked. There is no reason why they should have more than one location.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

greggy, your jaw is moving a lot tonight, but I can't hear what your saying!

deathlok, I agree to an extent. Of course, if their training program is consistent out of one location, wouldn't a discrepency be minimal?

An alternative is to move TYPES of grading to different buildings (of course, that would confuse the heck out of customers, probably causing grading delays).

It's definitely a delicate situation, one I'm sure they will evaluate very completely as they would any thoughtful business decision would entail.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

greggy, your jaw is moving a lot tonight, but I can't hear what your saying!

deathlok, I agree to an extent. Of course, if their training program is consistent out of one location, wouldn't a discrepency be minimal?

An alternative is to move TYPES of grading to different buildings (of course, that would confuse the heck out of customers, probably causing grading delays).

It's definitely a delicate situation, one I'm sure they will evaluate very completely as they would any business decision would entail.

You can train anybody in how to grade. However a good grader has experience behind him. Not to mention how subjective grading can be. I just don't see how having more than one location would matter.

I mean if I have to ship my books to Florida or another State, I am still shipping my books. Just because they might be closer doesn't make it easier.

So far I think CGC does evaluate options before making decisions. Which is a good sign.

Congrats to you both!

First I am mis-quoted and then the mis-quote is argued against. I said "Get out of hot, humid, insect riddled comic book unfriendly FLA and join us.....join us."

Man you cannot win for losing.

Seriously DL, there already ARE grading disparities, and ones that cannot b e easily answered. I don't need to go into details because I know you read the posts here. But just some generalizations: the idea of re-subbing for a higher grade has been brought up munerous times. The disparities between how the various ages are garded have been brought up numerous times. The lack of the PLOD (with just a notation of slight color touch) has been brought up numerous times.

Disparities already abound. And as I said, get OUT of hot/humid/insectt FLA and come to the cool Bay! But even if they DID have an east coast and a west coast site, if the integrity of CGC is put into question simply because they have a second site - then I submit the integrity of CGC as a whole is put into question. It is the same company, with the same goals, objectives, ideals etc. Now Steve and I get along quite well. He knows my ideas which differ from his and I know his which differ from mine. But I DO believe we have a mutual respect. And I would bank money that, should CGC have a fine, cool, comic book friendly location in the SF area, Borock would absolutely insure that standards are adhered to and disparities would be no more than they now are. To think less than that is to think less of CGC itself.

smile.gif

I agree with your points pov.

Give me one valid reason why they should have multiple locations?

I just can't think of one that would justify opening another location. Despite the fact that their profit margin probably does not allow for it.

Give me one valid reason why they should have multiple locations?

Because I love SF and do not want to move to FLA because I hate heat and humidity? (now that is assuming much but is a valid reason). grin.gif

confused.gif

Were we talking about you moving or CGC moving? I feel like I walked into the middle of the wrong movie. insane.gif