• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats, Steve and Mark!

86 posts in this topic

Were we talking about you moving or CGC moving? I feel like I walked into the middle of the wrong movie. insane.gif

Ack DL!

Yeah Pov, what ARE you talking about? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeesh Blowout!

God how obtuse can people BE? I mean it would be most enjoyable to apply to CGC as a grader but FLA just is not for me. Does that make more sense? (does the word "extrapolate" mean anything to you'se guyz?) 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

I am with you here. If the money were right, I'd be a professional comic grader too. But not with CGC. I would start my own competing company, and instead of using the Overstreet system, I would use the model that someone (maybe Lighthouse?) suggested where comics are given grades named after female celebrities, the better the grade, the hotter the celebrity that the book would get. Where Elizabeth Hurley is a modern comic in 10.0 and Pam Anderson is a comic in 8.5 with extensive professional restoration.

I would include color pictures of the model on the label as a marketing gimmick.

Anyone want to fund this thing to help get it off the ground? insane.gif

Let me add my belated congratulations guys! Great news! And Standard is on the MONEY! I am in awe at the effort that must have taken. Much appreciated! A tip of the hat. acclaim.gif

I'm still waiting for you to open your west coast office. It's my destiny

Companies are streamlining and "centralizing" on a daily basis in this country. Now if a company or franchise decides to EXPAND and add locales, the economics of each particular branch would dictate the viability of said expansion. Now as CGC goes, they are primarily a "mail" business - most submissions of their service and final product is done by the Mail. Based on these FACTS, a 2nd CGC site would seem out-of-place and unnecessary.

Now if CGC decides to open a branch for whatever reasons in S. Cal, contact me as I would be interested in that possibility.

CAL hi.gif

Not Calamerica. He's hopeless. There are no NM books in the world that he doesn't already own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah FFB, so much to be said from your comment. Perhaps it is best if I say nothing on this topic.

Death you would be suprised at how many Forum Members know how you feel about me. I told you this before, and your commentaries both public and private regarding me are yours to disseminate as you see fit, but I sure could feel a whole lot better about you if you would stop the insinuating innuendoes and just be a man about things and spill it out like a man. While not that big a deal, the aforementioned is the biggest problem I have with you, and others that behave in your manner. While everyone knows how important it is to try to get along, be cordial and make our Forum a constantly-improving and friendly place to be, it takes all of us and we all need to be two-way people, not some unfriendly avatar holding grudges over petty trifling things. So stop with your posts like this. You are not holding your end. Evereyone knows it too.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

Not Calamerica. He's hopeless. There are no NM books in the world that he doesn't already own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah FFB, so much to be said from your comment. Perhaps it is best if I say nothing on this topic.

Death you would be suprised at how many Forum Members know how you feel about me. I told you this before, and your commentaries both public and private regarding me are yours to disseminate as you see fit, but I sure could feel a whole lot better about you if you would stop the insinuating innuendoes and just be a man about things and spill it out like a man. While not that big a deal, the aforementioned is the biggest problem I have with you, and others that behave in your manner. While everyone knows how important it is to try to get along, be cordial and make our Forum a constantly-improving and friendly place to be, it takes all of us and we all need to be two-way people, not some unfriendly avatar holding grudges over petty trifling things. So stop with your posts like this. You are not holding your end. Evereyone knows it too.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

what the hell are we talking about?

Thank you all very, very much! flowerred.gif

It really means a lot to us that you feel this way about us. We really love what we do and making the hobby safer and a little more fun is worth every minute of over time and lost sleep!

Now, Joanna, about that Marilyn song, how do I make that happen? blush.gif

Thanks again! acclaim.gif

Thank you all very, very much! flowerred.gif

It really means a lot to us that you feel this way about us. We really love what we do and making the hobby safer and a little more fun is worth every minute of over time and lost sleep!

Now, Joanna, about that Marilyn song, how do I make that happen? blush.gif

Thanks again! acclaim.gif

If Joanna is breathily singing "Happy Birthday" to Steve in San Diego, I'm going.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

what the hell are we talking about?

popcorn.gif

So, what do you think? Does this ad make you think that if it's encapsulated, it's worth more?

Yes! The restoration check alone ensures the Buyers of CGC comic books that they are geting the real deal and not some POS doctored up like seen on eBay all the time.

CAL popcorn.gif

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

I didn't say anything CAL, so shut your piehole!