• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody here use Twitter?

55 posts in this topic

Twitter is like an RSS feed. It's great for news, updates and occasional laughs. Unfortunately you can load up on things you don't care about. I prefer to follow only a few and create lists for categories. I have one list for news. I have another for people I know as friends. I have a list for music artists.I'm not into increasing followers or following everyone who follows me back, I don't care about the popularity contest that people try to make it. I also don't care to see pictures of the food someone ate. I actually saw someone photographing their food and thought "get a life lady".

DG

I must check twitter 30 times a day.

I follow sport beat writers (hockey, basketball, football, etc) and some comic dudes. It's INCREDIBLY handy for sports- get up to the second news, rumours, happening's, etc.

Being a sports junkie I couldn't live without it now.

And come on, where else do you get awesome tidbits like this (just checked twitter and this is what I saw):

OMG Facts @OMGFacts 11m

An NFL player once got the game ball for POOPING on the sideline and nobody noticing! Who? --> omgf.ac/ts/jUg

I signed up about a month ago.

I've never posted there and only follow about 6 people (All comic related - Bleeding Cool, Marvel, Image etc).

Anyone wishing to await my first tweets

@PaulWardle1975

I hope you are patient as I've no desire to share my life story anywhere other than here.

Today I got up at 3:20 to look after a screaming 16 month old. I had Yoghurt for breakfast and am currently drinking my 4th Espresso. I might try a tea for my next drink hm

Still waiting :taptaptap:

I'd figured I'd post my twitter name here in case anybody here uses it and tweets cool stuff to follow.

If so, post your twitter name.

My twitter name: Captain_Sawyer

@MrrDiggler, but I'm still :shy:

:whistle: