• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Regarding exclusives ......

1) VIP Badges which run about $250 and have a limited number sold allow people in 30 minutes before at a separate entrance. These badges sell out fairly quickly.

2) Exhibitors often line up to buy the exclusives as well.

Cheers!

N.

I'll need a full year for my feet to stop bleeding from the 2012 show. lol.

Next year should break more records as the show is a long weekend because of Columbus Day.

:banana:

1) VIP Badges which run about $250 and have a limited number sold allow people in 30 minutes before at a separate entrance. These badges sell out fairly quickly.

Cheers!

N.

Next year should break more records as the show is a long weekend because of Columbus Day.

if the VIP pass @$250 means i dont have to leave my house at 5am (im on LI) to get there early to get on the GA line, then it may be worth it

Based on the interview (see link below), attendance at the 2012 NYCC show was 116,000 (includes non-paying free kids day badges). Additional square footage in 2013 will mean another record breaking show. It might easily surpass SDCC as the largest attended show despite having significantly less convention space (in terms of square footage). :o

Yes, NYCC 2012 was over crowded. :sick: ....

but I'm still looking forward to next year. :banana:

http://icv2.com/articles/news/24152.html

Cheers!

N.

Cheers!

N.

my experience with #2 pt as an exhibitor was the opposite. If you didn't have a "reg" badge I was told we couldn't buy till Saturday! I have customers I try to accommodate if I can and was 100% shut out because of this procedure of discriminating against exhibitors

I missed NYCC 2012 all because i waited till the last minute to buy tickets. By the time i went, they were sold out. I took it for granted and paid for that by missing the con.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR 2013. I will not wait till the last minute..... i will purchase my tickets as soon as they are on sale....

THIS I SWEAR BEFORE THEE!!!!!!

.......sorry.....been watching too much General Zod and Thor.... :blush:

It was overly crowded this past year. Hopefully the organizers are able to schedule some high profile panels during the busier times of the day (noon) in order to take some of the traffic off the floor.

So!!! For those with experience going to this show, any advice on tickets i.e when do they go on sale, which ticket should I buy etc etc

Last year, four-day tickets went on sale 1/2/12. No advance tickets are available so far this year. A VIP ticket will give your exclusive access and move you to the front of the line. However, I am only looking for comic books, so the four-day pass is all I need. I remember meeting you briefly at the 2012 LSCC.

You can get a cheap room through airbnb, instead of paying $350+ a night for the typical New York City hotel room.