• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Anyone know if there'll be opportunity to purchase VIP tickets again? They went on sale so early, totally missed the boat on that one. And haven't seen any on the "secondary market"... though considering the cost of just a 3-day pass on ebay last year after they'd sold out, I can't imagine I'd be able to afford one.

New to the threads Honestly Im sure vip will not be available agin they were very limited

And as for the secondary market ebay is removing any post in regards to comic con tickets I sell on ebay and was personally on the look out for a ticket I got a 4day pass but wanted vip From what I hear comic con has requested they not be sold on ebay

There was one up for about an hour two months ago and the seller was asked to remove the listing I hear possible Craig's list or stub hub later might have some probably for crazy prices

New to the threads Honestly Im sure vip will not be available agin they were very limited

And as for the secondary market ebay is removing any post in regards to comic con tickets I sell on ebay and was personally on the look out for a ticket I got a 4day pass but wanted vip From what I hear comic con has requested they not be sold on ebay

There was one up for about an hour two months ago and the seller was asked to remove the listing I hear possible Craig's list or stub hub later might have some probably for crazy prices

so you cant sell a ticket on ebay?

Tons of people were doing it last year from what I hear there trying to stop if from

Happening this year but when everyone starts listing them I dont see how they can stop

Stop that many people

Mind you im getting this info second hand from my comic shop and the abay seller

Who listed the item

They were more likely removed from eBay because the sellers 1) do not have them in hand yet and 2) will not have them in hand for a number of months.

To presale on eBay, you have to be able to ship in 30 days.

Ebay isn't going to stop the sale of something that 1) isn't offensive or against its rules and 2) just because an organization like NYCC asks.

There are regulations in NY for re-selling tickets, but it allows for resale and mark-up by registered re-sellers. Just pointing out so that this is removed as well as a reason.

Wait until September, you'll be able to find them on eBay. 2c

They were more likely removed from eBay because the sellers 1) do not have them in hand yet and 2) will not have them in hand for a number of months.

To presale on eBay, you have to be able to ship in 30 days.

Ebay isn't going to stop the sale of something that 1) isn't offensive or against its rules and 2) just because an organization like NYCC asks.

There are regulations in NY for re-selling tickets, but it allows for resale and mark-up by registered re-sellers. Just pointing out so that this is removed as well as a reason.

Wait until September, you'll be able to find them on eBay. 2c

WOuld that mean that you need to be a registered reseller in order to list them on ebay?

Your reservation was successful!

Your receipt is available for viewing and printing using the links below.

Thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to seeing you at New York Comic Con October 10-13, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York, NY.

Now to find me a nice hotel (that doesn't cost me a fortune!)

You and me both lol

Flights booked :headbang:

Found a well priced hotel? All I can find is bloody expensive!

Same, I am now looking into few other options.

I may look to book in NJ since I will have wheels (rooms are like $90 instead of $240) but parking may be a new issue. Any New Yorkers care to shed some light on the above plan? Will there be parking close by and if so what are the daily rates.

I was thinking about staying in either Jersey or somewhere like Long island city and travelling in. It is a lot cheaper but travelling could be a pain.

Even if you stayed in Long Island, say Nassau County, and stayed in a cheap Days Inn for less than $100, you could take a round trip train on the LIRR to Penn Station for a little less than $20 and walk to the Javits. The trip to the city is less than an hour anywhere from mid suffolk to the city. If I could help find a cheap hotel, let me know.

-Dan

Try staying on New Jersey Side (Weehawken, Union City, Secaucus area) off the 495 going into Lincoln Tunnel. There few cheaper hotels there (Super 8 Motel North Bergen NJ-NYC Area, Howard Johnson North Bergen, Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel). There are NJ transit Buses (couple dollars one way) along the 495 only minutes away except RUSH HOUR time to 42nd ST Port Authority Station that few blocks away from Convention Center. May want to call the hotels to see if NJ Transit Buses goes by them to NYC.

Even if you stayed in Long Island, say Nassau County, and stayed in a cheap Days Inn for less than $100, you could take a round trip train on the LIRR to Penn Station for a little less than $20 and walk to the Javits. The trip to the city is less than an hour anywhere from mid suffolk to the city. If I could help find a cheap hotel, let me know.

-Dan

You know to much about where I live, And you have the same name as me, Who are you Doppleganger.

There are hotels along the Babylon Branch of the LIRR which is a direct route to Penn Station on 34th and a short walk.

Rockville Centre, Merrick, and Massapequa Park readily come to mind as far as motels / hotel near a train station.

We will be set up at NYCC this year, which must be a first for a UK comic shop ?

We will have Adi Granov signing at our booth for the whole show and will be bringing a number of show exclusives with us. :banana:

More details as they become available.

We will be set up at NYCC this year, which must be a first for a UK comic shop ?

We will have Adi Granov signing at our booth for the whole show and will be bringing a number of show exclusives with us. :banana:

More details as they become available.

Great! Looking forward to meeting you :applause: