• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Munsters fans, rejoice!

55 posts in this topic

Glad that didn't get made.

But here's something you all might be interested in.

Moebius models has come out today with a model of the Munster House from the original TV series. All plastic kit that you build and paint. Check your nearest hobby shop if you still have one. They are out today.

munstersHouse1.jpg

Oh now that rocks.

You still get to watch a one-shot of this remake sucky or not.

Theme song - Advantage Munsters

Fight - they wouldn't fight, they would find each other too normal in such a crazy world. They should become neighbors. Ooh a Desperate Housewives suburbia spin-off :lol:

The Munsters was a much more entertaining show, and a great byproduct of the love for older "horror" genre.

The best indicator this show wouldnt have done well - Jerry O Connell is death for any TV show or movie. ...Defenders, Carpoolers, Kangaroo Jack, Tom Cats.

Career peak at Stand By Me, decline to My Secret Identity and Sliders...further down to this horrible pilot.

I always thought the Addams Family was far superior to the Munsters.

Yes, but the Munsters had the superior theme song by far.

Can't argue with that.

I miss the fact that shows really DON'T have memorable theme songs (some don't even have intros anymore). Honeymoon with television is definitely over.

I always thought the Addams Family was far superior to the Munsters.

+1

I totally agree they had the better show. The reaction of the gorilla when he turned and saw Lurch standing behind him cracks me up EVERY time lol lol

But the Munsters would kick dey butts. The only hope for the Addams family is if Grampa whips up a magic potion.

:)

Bryan Fuller Thinks Munsters Show May Yet Live, Teases Future Episodes

Having spent $10 million on their pilot for Mockingbird Lane, a reboot of The Munsters by writer Bryan Fuller and director Bryan Singer, NBC have decided to screen it as a Halloween special rather than just toss it on the fire. They certainly haven’t decided to commission a full series, however.

But Fuller still holds out hope. Speaking to TV Guide, he says:

If we get a huge number, all the cast are in line to be picked up and to go to series. And that was one of the things that NBC wanted to make sure, that they had all of the cast deals in line — so that if we did get a big number and audiences proved their appetite for this type of show, that they could move very quickly…. But the thing that gives me a lot of hope is that first, I think show is wonderful, I think the cast is great. But also that NBC is putting it on the air. They don’t have to do that.