• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was just at an Estate sale.....

25 posts in this topic

..... and I was upstairs in the house when I accidently bumped the arm of a suit of armor. Well low and behold a secret door opened up a secret passage which led to a secret attic. I walked up and found an old wooden chest. I opened it and found a large box which had written on it "vintage comics from long ago. None have ever been read".

Just making fun of some of the ebay auctions I have read. They go thru these long stories about how they found their comics like we care. Almost like if its found in an attic it must really be worth more money than a comic found at a yard sale.

I like to know where my comics come from if possible. If they really are OO I'd like to know the story, although many people don't seem to care at all. You're right that many of these stories are just crazy and obviously false.

Mike

For some of the more significant books in my collection, I like it when I know the story/history. I enjoyed knowing that a couple of my All Stars came from the collection of Jerry Bails. I enjoy knowing the narrative behind my Tec 1.

I generally (and I think I'm not alone in this) will not pay more money for a book with a good narrative. Some books with good narratives are also high grade books, however---Larson, Church, etc.

I did pay about 20% above FMV for the Bails books I mentioned, though, because the money was going to Jerry's widow.

..... and I was upstairs in the house when I accidently bumped the arm of a suit of armor. Well low and behold a secret door opened up a secret passage which led to a secret attic. I walked up and found an old wooden chest. I opened it and .....

Wasn't that the plot of a Scooby Doo episode?

..... and I was upstairs in the house when I accidently bumped the arm of a suit of armor. Well low and behold a secret door opened up a secret passage which led to a secret attic. I walked up and found an old wooden chest. I opened it and .....

That certainly was. My childhood wouldn't have been the same w/o scooby doo and speed racer.

Suit of armor? Secret Door? Wooden Chest? I think that covers over half of the Scooby Doo episodes.

As someone who, while I didn't care where the books came from, fell for the 'Oregon Collection' scam. I can easily say, this ain't funny :facepalm:

Tell us more.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5713769&fpart=1

and somewhere is my thread about the Hulk 181 I bought from that skank that never arrived. :mad:

As someone who, while I didn't care where the books came from, fell for the 'Oregon Collection' scam. I can easily say, this ain't funny :facepalm:

Tell us more.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5713769&fpart=1

and somewhere is my thread about the Hulk 181 I bought from that skank that never arrived. :mad:

She got me too, Hulk 181 from spider_woman or something on the Bay. That wench!

I'm more apt to think that grandma's weird fetish toys would probably be up in a secret attic more than a big pile of comics.
Worst discovery of my life :P

Some of those toys are pretty handy. I use my granny's vibrator to whip cream.

I just use my hand ;)

..... and I was upstairs in the house when I accidently bumped the arm of a suit of armor. Well low and behold a secret door opened up a secret passage which led to a secret attic. I walked up and found an old wooden chest. I opened it and found a large box which had written on it "vintage comics from long ago. None have ever been read".

Just making fun of some of the ebay auctions I have read. They go thru these long stories about how they found their comics like we care. Almost like if its found in an attic it must really be worth more money than a comic found at a yard sale.

.....I think I'm going to like you....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u