• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octoberfest 2012 Sales Thread, high grade Gold to Bronze many just back from CGC

148 posts in this topic

Captain America Comics # 78 (CGC 7.0 OW/W)(*) $1,600 In my humble opinion, this book is still so very much under appreciated. It is not only the final issue of one of the most important titles of the GA, but it is also Cap's final appearance in the Golden Age. This is one of the two copies that came out of the Williamsport Collection, and one of only 13 in 7.0 or better. Considering that comparable copies of Avengers # 4, a far more common book, have sold in the same price range, I think this book still has some room to grow. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

CaptainAmerica78CGC70_zps96210398.jpg

via PM :takeit:

Captain America Comics # 78 (CGC 7.0 OW/W)(*) $1,600 In my humble opinion, this book is still so very much under appreciated. It is not only the final issue of one of the most important titles of the GA, but it is also Cap's final appearance in the Golden Age. This is one of the two copies that came out of the Williamsport Collection, and one of only 13 in 7.0 or better. Considering that comparable copies of Avengers # 4, a far more common book, have sold in the same price range, I think this book still has some room to grow. This book was professionally pressed prior to submission.

Awesome pickup! :applause:

Even though it's signed Romita on the cover, I could swear it's Frank Robbins.

Awesome pickup! :applause:

Even though it's signed Romita on the cover, I could swear it's Frank Robbins.

I was thinking the exact same thing...that cover sure looks like Frank Robbins (thumbs u