• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 136 9.6 $595.00

16 posts in this topic

The seller's name escapes me, but I have bought from him in the past. Don't know if he is a member here...

My transaction was for a ASM #45 CGC 9.4 White pages, which later got lost in the bowels of the USPS system when I sold it 18 months later. I remember I paid some nice $$$ for that book.

Someone hit the BIN...

Beyonder had(has?) a 9.6 up one eBay but I'm not sure how that one turned out.

confused-smiley-013.gif

..If I remember he sold it just shy of the movie release,...I don't think he made out this good....there's no record of a 9.6 sale in GPA since Feb/04

I can't fault ppl for buying this book. Every indication is that Harry will be a major factor next film, and we all know how much movie hype drives up prices of books. It would not surprise me at all IF the 3rd movie has Harry as GG or Hobgoblin that THEN a 9.6 would regularly sell for 750-1000. I like this book to go up more in value than I would ASM 31.

Brian

Someone hit the BIN...

Beyonder had(has?) a 9.6 up on eBay but I'm not sure how that one turned out.

confused-smiley-013.gif

It reached a very similar amount, which probably inspired this guys BIN. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...saw it this morning...almost popped it myself...whatcha think??

ASM 136 9.6

....is the seller a member here??

The guy is a great buyer he purchased my Iron Man # 55 9.8 for $2100. I just sent a nice copy of ASM # 136 to CGC, hopefully i will get it before the fall.

I can't fault ppl for buying this book. Every indication is that Harry will be a major factor next film, and we all know how much movie hype drives up prices of books. It would not surprise me at all IF the 3rd movie has Harry as GG or Hobgoblin that THEN a 9.6 would regularly sell for 750-1000. I like this book to go up more in value than I would ASM 31.

Brian

If this book gets up to $750-$1,000, I will blow my 9.6 WP copy out in a heartbeat. I'm tempted even at current levels...it's not like the book is hard to find in HG...I've owned several slabbed copies graded 9.4-9.6 in the past (though now I just own the one). confused-smiley-013.gif

It certainly isn't hard to find, but availability doesn't appear to have any effect on the masses. tongue.gif

Brian

...and neither did the gazillions of high grade copies of ASM 129 either,,,oops,...whatamisaying,...pay no attention to that last post,..ASM 129 is a rare and hard to find book in high grade,...

The Romita Sr ASM #136 was a very hard sell since only the foreground ASM & Gr Goblin figures were truly original from the mid-70s. Think JP the Mint sumo.gif alledgedly sold it for $12-$15k about 2 yrs ago & then Heritage for about the same amount.

It would not surprise me at all IF the 3rd movie has Harry as GG or Hobgoblin that THEN a 9.6 would regularly sell for 750-1000. I like this book to go up more in value than I would ASM 31.

I don't feel this book has too much more room to move. By the time SM 3 comes out (late 2007?) the hype machine will have ground to a halt IMO. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jason Ewerts 9.4 just hit a record $332.00 a few minutes ago,...and that was ow/w....

Exactly, with the teaser at the end of SM 2 there has/will never be a better time to sell this book than now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif