• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I still watch comic book men

75 posts in this topic

Oh c'mon. It's just a fun show with a bunch of guys running a store that happens to be a comic shop. It's only 30 minutes and contains as much "useful" information as any episode of Pawn Stars or Storage Wars.

As far as I can tell, everyone's real beef with this show is that "Comic Book" is in the title.

As for me, it helped get me back into collected again - so it can't be all that bad (I'm writing specifically to any possible local comic shop owners that have benefited from my $1000's)

It is what it is. Maybe someone here on this board should pitch the kind of show they would like to see to a network. Maybe we'll get something more informative and accurate....(albeit unwatchable for everyone else...)

The only reality TV is Sports and the News. "reality TV" is all scripted and stagged for the most part.
Awww... that's cute, you think sports aren't fixed and the news isn't given a spin based on who owns the network. hm

I didnt say that sports were not fixed and goodness we all know that networks put there spin on everything (except Fox news, they are fair and balanced ). Just saying the events are real.But you have a point.

I'm just messing with you. :baiting: My sarcasm doesn't always translate well over the interwebs. (thumbs u

OK. Caught the new episode myself. To be honest, I think it's certainly better than some of their last few efforts. Then again, maybe it's because I've been listening and watching some of Kevin Smith's monologues on Youtube and have gotten used to his stuff.

The only reality TV is Sports and the News. "reality TV" is all scripted and stagged for the most part.
Awww... that's cute, you think sports aren't fixed and the news isn't given a spin based on who owns the network. hm

I didnt say that sports were not fixed and goodness we all know that networks put there spin on everything (except Fox news, they are fair and balanced ). Just saying the events are real.But you have a point.

I'm just messing with you. :baiting: My sarcasm doesn't always translate well over the interwebs. (thumbs u

Totally got it, I threw in my own sarcasm about fox news. Must have went over everyones head.

Totally got it, I threw in my own sarcasm about fox news. Must have went over everyones head.

Nah, I caught that one. (thumbs u

I want to like this insipid show, but I've come to the conclusion that is neither about Comics Books, nor Men.
I got this in the first 15 minutes of the first episode and haven't bothered with it since. I'm sorry to know that it hasn't made its way uphill since then.

Tried watching it last night... just terrible! However, I think I will still tape it and watch in fast forward to see if there is a clip from time to time that I am interested in.

So much wasted potential.