• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I still watch comic book men

75 posts in this topic

The only reality TV is Sports and the News. "reality TV" is all scripted and stagged for the most part.

Don't forget wrestling. IT'S REAL TO ME, DAMMIT.

I've generally been a fan of other stuff that Smith has done but this show is just unwatchable. It's too far fetched to be believed, the prices discussed are way too high/low and what comic shop is going to close down on a weekend day and allow a dozen or so 4-5 year olds to run rampant throughout the store with food and beverages present. Not one that I've ever been to would do that. I wanted to like this show, I really did, but it's pandering to viewers that don't know/or care about comics.

I'm willing to accept that it's stage all the way through...no different from any other reality show. But my question is, why misinform people about the value of a comic? They're not even exaggerating for the wow factor. The guy offers a tenth of the Tec 35 current value. Don't get it. Makes me want to ask Walt directly.

I'm willing to accept that it's stage all the way through...no different from any other reality show. But my question is, why misinform people about the value of a comic? They're not even exaggerating for the wow factor. The guy offers a tenth of the Tec 35 current value. Don't get it. Makes me want to ask Walt directly.

Maybe they're hoping a bunch of viewers will excitedly call in hoping to sell their grandpa's Tec 35 for a whopping $300.

(No I'm not seriously suggesting this).

The only reality TV is Sports and the News. "reality TV" is all scripted and stagged for the most part.
Awww... that's cute, you think sports aren't fixed and the news isn't given a spin based on who owns the network. hm

I didnt say that sports were not fixed and goodness we all know that networks put there spin on everything (except Fox news, they are fair and balanced ). Just saying the events are real.But you have a point.

Hey, doesn't this board have enough LCS owners, dealers and committed hobbyist to make an authenticate reality show about comic book industry a "reality" :)

Just saying, with a moderate budget, competent filmmakers, it could happen.

Collectively, we have so many stories to share to potentially become multiple seasons of material!

Hey, doesn't this board have enough LCS owners, dealers and committed hobbyist to make an authenticate reality show about comic book industry a "reality" :)

Collectively, we have so many stories to share to potentially become multiple seasons of material!

People who watch this stuff want train wrecks. They don't want thoughtful musings and comic store anecdotes. They didn't put "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" on television because the world was clamoring for the bucolic antics of one Southern family. People want the worst of the worst so they can feel better about themselves. Comic Book Men is just Pawn Stars with less deodorant.

The world is waiting...