• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Withdrew my cash from the bank today, got my books packed in the portfolio case, all ready for Saturday.

My friend decided to not listen to me when I told him to order his tickets online 3 weeks ago but oh well. We drove all around and finally found a ticket at the Kissimmee location.

My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about me dragging her, is there any way I can spin it to get her excited about anything?

Either way...I'm so EXCITED!

I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee to get a advance ticket, I usually plan ahead but put it off for too long.

No Wife this year, as I don't want her to see how much I'm going to spend.

I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee as well, but I was already over there dropping a relative off at the airport, as well as going to a concert at Citywalk so it wasn't too far.

As for money...it's a little too late. I'm already getting "I can't believe you withdrew that much money, you aren't spending that much on comics. Take me to the mall instead." lol.

I don't think she'll be too bad though.

Withdrew my cash from the bank today, got my books packed in the portfolio case, all ready for Saturday.

My friend decided to not listen to me when I told him to order his tickets online 3 weeks ago but oh well. We drove all around and finally found a ticket at the Kissimmee location.

My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about me dragging her, is there any way I can spin it to get her excited about anything?

Either way...I'm so EXCITED!

I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee to get a advance ticket, I usually plan ahead but put it off for too long.

No Wife this year, as I don't want her to see how much I'm going to spend.

I drove from Tampa to Kissimmee as well, but I was already over there dropping a relative off at the airport, as well as going to a concert at Citywalk so it wasn't too far.

As for money...it's a little too late. I'm already getting "I can't believe you withdrew that much money, you aren't spending that much on comics. Take me to the mall instead." lol.

I don't think she'll be too bad though.

Sounds like my Wife, "You know how many shoes I could get for that?" I always let her know that her shoes won't increase in value but my Silver Age Spider-Man comics will.

She actually had fun last year at Mega Con, helping me search for issues and pick up sketches, she opted not to go, and I didn't fight it.

So how do I tell who's a boardie while walking around Megacon? Is there an official CGC Boardie t-shirt program that i'm unaware of?

look for the guy holding all the 9.4's (shrug)

So how do I tell who's a boardie while walking around Megacon? Is there an official CGC Boardie t-shirt program that i'm unaware of?

Over at the sportscard side of the world, we rented out a booth at a con for boardies.

Everyone on the boards knew the booths number and when you got there, it was $15 a t-shirt... at the booth you can sit and chat with fellow members, trade cards, cool your heals, etc. And you wore your shirt around the con and everyone from the boards would stop and ask your handle. Was a great way to meet everyone.

The best part?

The NEXT con, the booth was sponsored by a trading card company! They made BOOTH EXCLUSIVES. Imagine Marvel making a "CGC boards exclusive variant cover" out of only 150 or something? hahaha It started to blow up and was a great way for random con goers to be introduced to the site (and get many new members). The booth turned into a huge social gathering with freebies, giveaways, refreshments, etc.

I am driving up from Miami with my son Saturday afternoon; we'll attend all-day Sunday. We are both jacked up.

I'll be wearing a Miami Hurricanes baseball cap or T-shirt (for easy fellow Boardie identification and to annoy G.A.tor and other Gator fans); say hello if you run into me.

I am driving up from Miami with my son Saturday afternoon; we'll attend all-day Sunday. We are both jacked up.

I'll be wearing a Miami Hurricanes baseball cap or T-shirt (for easy fellow Boardie identification and to annoy G.A.tor); say hello if you run into me.

:sorry:

Fishing for a huge boardie favor - if the below sequence is even possible.

I'd like to bring a comic or two with me on Friday to pass over to CFP for an overnight pressing. However, due to the girlfriend's veto, I won't be attending on Saturday. Would someone be available to pick up the comic(s) from CFP and submit to CGC so I can get them back by Sunday? :wishluck:

Of course expenses plus a little extra will be provided.

-- dave

Fishing for a huge boardie favor - if the below sequence is even possible.

I'd like to bring a comic or two with me on Friday to pass over to CFP for an overnight pressing. However, due to the girlfriend's veto, I won't be attending on Saturday. Would someone be available to pick up the comic(s) from CFP and submit to CGC so I can get them back by Sunday? :wishluck:

Of course expenses plus a little extra will be provided.

-- dave

Send a PM to Joeypost. I'm sure he will have an option for you that will not require an additional boardie having to be involved. I could be wrong but I'd start there.

I'll be wearing a Miami Hurricanes baseball cap or T-shirt (for easy fellow Boardie identification and to annoy G.A.tor); say hello if you run into me.

Don't worry Gator. I'll be sure to wear some UF gear to back you up. (thumbs u

Even if I am riding up with a Michigan fan. :sick:

(thumbs u

GO BLUE!

GO BLUE!

you meant blue and orange!

Going to pick up van this morning. Load comic boxes. Load ALL racks and then get on the road early tomorrow morning. First big show of the year hoping for same past success in Orlando!

Going to pick up van this morning. Load comic boxes. Load ALL racks and then get on the road early tomorrow morning. First big show of the year hoping for same past success in Orlando!

I'll be sure to spend at least $3-$4 at your dollar bins for sure. (thumbs u