• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

So how do I tell who's a boardie while walking around Megacon? Is there an official CGC Boardie t-shirt program that i'm unaware of?

Over at the sportscard side of the world, we rented out a booth at a con for boardies.

Everyone on the boards knew the booths number and when you got there, it was $15 a t-shirt... at the booth you can sit and chat with fellow members, trade cards, cool your heals, etc. And you wore your shirt around the con and everyone from the boards would stop and ask your handle. Was a great way to meet everyone.

The best part?

The NEXT con, the booth was sponsored by a trading card company! They made BOOTH EXCLUSIVES. Imagine Marvel making a "CGC boards exclusive variant cover" out of only 150 or something? hahaha It started to blow up and was a great way for random con goers to be introduced to the site (and get many new members). The booth turned into a huge social gathering with freebies, giveaways, refreshments, etc.

Wear these name-tag stickers as shoulder patches.

One set = 2 rectangular name tags.

(Usually worn over the heart.)

examples:

HELLO

MY NAME IS

*insert* CGC avatar / user name / board handle / alias / aka / shill acct

Or not.

135628.jpg.99101bec86cc381012c22dade6c0bc39.jpg

Wow. Cut-off already? Does that happen often?

First time I heard of it

They usually cut off on-site shows around Saturday at noon - seeing that they're ferrying the books back to the CGC hq for this show, I'm assuming they're doing daily cut offs instead?

On-site grading was cut off at around 2 PM (2 hours after show opened)

That's it, no more on-site for the whole weekend.

Not being opened up again tomorrow.

Wow.

Yep, at 2:22 PM. Last year it was stopped around 11:30 AM on Saturday.