• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up the gift, so I could wrap the present in the Spidey Paper I saved for this event...and not only was the item $20 more than if I bought it online. they would not match their own online price.....so I gave up and bought it from Amazon . :tonofbricks:

I know I'm not supposed to reveal my giftee...so ...if any of you get any box from Amazon...

DON'T OPEN it, till your appropriate holiday! :sumo::rulez:

Just in case;) :whistle:

After losing out on several gift ideas last year and having to take it down to the wire, I've already bought my gift. Might even get to throw in a second item from their list by this weekend... or technically, an 11th...

Is it bad that I want their present for myself? :blush:

After losing out on several gift ideas last year and having to take it down to the wire, I've already bought my gift. Might even get to throw in a second item from their list by this weekend... or technically, an 11th...

Is it bad that I want their present for myself? :blush:

Not at all. The person I got has such similar requests that I already had exactly what they requested. Only thing is, I'm not sure I'm ready to let any of it go! :lol:

I always over-analyze my gifts. I've been researching my boardie all morning, reading and re-reading his posts to narrow down his interests, and then I've been PMing others and reading about my ideas to see whether or not what I want to get is considered "cool" by the boardies. Then I debate about money, debate about specifics, and whether option A is better than B, etc.

Now I've worked up so many ideas and plans, I don't even have any idea which is the way to go. :tonofbricks:

I always over-analyze my gifts. I've been researching my boardie all morning, reading and re-reading his posts to narrow down his interests, and then I've been PMing others and reading about my ideas to see whether or not what I want to get is considered "cool" by the boardies. Then I debate about money, debate about specifics, and whether option A is better than B, etc.

Now I've worked up so many ideas and plans, I don't even have any idea which is the way to go. :tonofbricks:

That was my problem last year. Mostly because their "want list" was incredibly generic. And the things they collected were so far outside of my knowledge, I ended up over-analyzing as well because I had to learn about the era of comics and what they might like.

Come to think of it, I probably could have made my "want list' a bit more specific this year...

:sorry: