• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There should be a law against selling something before you have it.

50 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Um. probably. (shrug)

Do you mean own it or physically possess it?

Do you mean someone selling raw books before they get them and stating a condition already?

Can't see how that could ever go wrong. I mean, the USPS treats every package like it's a newborn baby, the Diamond shipping department is staffed by highly-paid professionals, and eBay sellers are known far & wide for their superb grading skills.

Do you mean someone selling raw books before they get them and stating a condition already?

Can't see how that could ever go wrong. I mean, the USPS treats every package like it's a newborn baby, the Diamond shipping department is staffed by highly-paid professionals, and eBay sellers are known far & wide for their superb grading skills.

d

Agreed. Especially in our current culture where everyone is honest and always sticks to their word.

If I may, I would like to interject with a time honoured English word, for those who sell without possesion.

Wankers.

Carry On.

I'm selling a Cerebus #1 CGC 8.5 OW/W in the forums right now & I don't physically have it yet.

End SPAM.

It happens in the forums all the time, particularly with one seller of HG slabs who brings stacks of them to the forums on a weekly basis without having them in hand.

I'm trying to be cool.

Personally, I think it's stupid. You should have the book before you sell it.