• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer #34-35 are the most important Thanos apps of all after IM #55

218 posts in this topic

I saw a Silver Surfer #34 CGC 9.6 on eBay for $69 the other day and I passed expecting to pay a little less or at least that much for a 9.8 but if this thread is popular in the copper age section than I guess I should kiss my chances for some nice high graded copies good-bye. :cry:

I think with last year's rumored negotiations between Fox and Marvel, it appears like Marvel Studios had plans for Silver Surfer and Galactus in the later wave of movies (e.g. Guardians, Avengers 2, Silver Surfer movie).

When things broke down between them, and Fox's efforts on a pending Daredevil movie went POOF, I think seeing these two any time soon in a Marvel Studios movie went away for now.

I saw a Silver Surfer #34 CGC 9.6 on eBay for $69 the other day and I passed expecting to pay a little less or at least that much for a 9.8 but if this thread is popular in the copper age section than I guess I should kiss my chances for some nice high graded copies good-bye. :cry:

I have the 33, 34, 50, & 57 headed to CGC right now...should be interesting to see how they do price wise.

I'm biased because of my collection, But you guys are forgetting Captain Marvel 33. It is the first published Origin of Thanos and only a year and a half after Iron Man 55.

I think RMA was thinking of them as the most important Copper books for Thanos. :)

I absolutely agree in terms of Copper age. Although I do think Thanos Quest is fairly important as well.

I'm biased because of my collection, But you guys are forgetting Captain Marvel 33. It is the first published Origin of Thanos and only a year and a half after Iron Man 55.

I think RMA was thinking of them as the most important Copper books for Thanos. :)

smiley_nah.gif

Sorry, I did not read the "of all" part… doh!

Then he's wrong.

Aside from the Captain Marvel Run, Marvel Two in 1 Annual #2 and Avengers Annual #7 and even the Thanos story line in Warlock 9-11 are more important than Surfer 34-35

Sorry, I did not read the "of all" part doh!

Then he's wrong.

Aside from the Captain Marvel Run, Marvel Two in 1 Annual #2 and Avengers Annual #7 and even the Thanos story line in Warlock 9-11 are more important than Surfer 34-35

lol

smiley_nah.gif

I will let prices of the books speak for themselves.

Unfortunately prices often do not speak much eloquently about quality – re: New Mutants #98… :sick:

lol this is VERY true.

But in this case. Starlin wrote all the stories in the issues I mentioned above. The tale Starlin weaves from IM 55 through Marvel 2-in-1 is truly defines the cosmic impact created by Thanos.

While Silver Surfer 34 and 35 are important for the re-emergence of Thanos into the Marvel Universe, it hardly meets the importance of the original cross over stories by Starlin.

I will let prices of the books speak for themselves.

Unfortunately prices often do not speak much eloquently about quality re: New Mutants #98 :sick:

lol this is VERY true.

But in this case. Starlin wrote all the stories in the issues I mentioned above. The tale Starlin weaves from IM 55 through Marvel 2-in-1 is truly defines the cosmic impact created by Thanos.

While Silver Surfer 34 and 35 are important for the re-emergence of Thanos into the Marvel Universe, it hardly meets the importance of the original cross over stories by Starlin.

Almost completely wrong.