• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you had $2000 to blow, what comic would you get?

84 posts in this topic

I quit smoking 7 months ago and I've probably saved $1200 roughly so far by not buying cigarettes. I think by the 12 month mark I'll be at about $2000. So if you were going to buy yourself a nice celebration comic book present for between $1500-$2000 what would you go for?

WD#1 will not be on my list, but maybe an ASM14 or a Hulk181. I'm not sure, I've got a few months to think about it.

Congrats on quitting smoking. It's not easy to do.

I'm smoke free for over 5 years now. :cool:

I'd buy a sick piece of Wrightson original art, but that's just me.

Hulk 181 would be on my short list, too.

Congrats on quitting smoking. It's not easy to do.

I'm smoke free for over 5 years now. :cool:

I'd buy a sick piece of Wrightson original art, but that's just me.

Hulk 181 would be on my short list, too.

This!

And congratulations on quitting that nasty habit! (thumbs u

thank you both. it's strange i still crave a cigarette every day (or a cigar/pipe/skoal... i love tobacco lol). figured i'd be over that by now.

The craving gets better every day, but even now at 5 years I still occasionally think it would be nice to smoke "just one."

I had quit several times through my adult life and after a year or so would give in and smoke "just one." The just one thing doesn't work. The only way to quit is to never pick up another one.

It does get easier every day, though. If you've gone 6 months you have it whipped. (thumbs u

I quit smoking 7 months ago and I've probably saved $1200 roughly so far by not buying cigarettes. I think by the 12 month mark I'll be at about $2000. So if you were going to buy yourself a nice celebration comic book present for between $1500-$2000 what would you go for?

WD#1 will not be on my list, but maybe an ASM14 or a Hulk181. I'm not sure, I've got a few months to think about it.

......congrats......and the beauty is that you'll have an extra 2K for EVERY year you stay clean (nicotine IS a drug).....I wish I could quit smoking those damn "coffin nails". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ST11.jpg

thank you both. it's strange i still crave a cigarette every day (or a cigar/pipe/skoal... i love tobacco lol). figured i'd be over that by now.

The craving gets better every day, but even now at 5 years I still occasionally think it would be nice to smoke "just one."

I had quit several times through my adult life and after a year or so would give in and smoke "just one." The just one thing doesn't work. The only way to quit is to never pick up another one.

It does get easier every day, though. If you've gone 6 months you have it whipped. (thumbs u

+1

I would usually lapse for just one at the 9month mark. It took repeating that mistake three times to learn that quitting meant total abstinence.

How about a WD #19 CGC SS 9.8 triple signed with a remark/small sketch on it from Tony Moore.

:insane:

Well done on quitting.

I'd get a WFC #3 7.0 - 7.5 (1st scarecrow).

Thats just me though.