• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbie #1... it's an upgrade for me - what do you think?

28 posts in this topic

metropolitan sophisticates.

Oooh, I like that!

It is a variant on Clark's line in Superman III "Can I really return to middle

America after having become a Metropolis sophisticate?" The DC thread elsewhere got me in a Superman frame of mind. grin.gif

I love Herbie, too. Probably the funniest comic book ever created.

What did you upgrade the #1 from and is the old one for sale?

gossip.gif Psst, I bought it already! gossip.gif

Here's my old Herbie and Dave's new Herbie... (hope you don't mind my sharing it with everyone)

Herbie_1_front.jpg

I love Herbie, too. Probably the funniest comic book ever created.

What did you upgrade the #1 from and is the old one for sale?

gossip.gif Psst, I bought it already! gossip.gif

Here's my old Herbie and Dave's new Herbie... (hope you don't mind my sharing it with everyone)

Herbie_1_front.jpg

nice old books - i was a big herbie fan, but the books came out just as i was leaving the hobby. i've posted the first three (and only) copies i ever bought, months ago.

excellent upgrade - congrats thumbsup2.gif

Many of the books in the series (about 30) address the socio-political issues of the time and feature cameos by such iluminaries as JFK, Jackie and Kruschev. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Absolutely worth reading. sumo.gif You'll love it - although many of the historical references may be lost on the quarter-century man! 27_laughing.gif

The quarter century man is actually quite learned on history. grin.gif

The quarter century man has an obsession with socio-politcal history. grin.gifgrin.gif

The quarter century man was just looking at his collection of originally owned by his father:Times and Life Magaines from the 1960s. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I weep thinking of all the comics that could of been bought by my father who was born in 1942 and tells me fond memories of him sitting in the barber shop in the late 40s early fifties reading Detective Comics. If only he had swipped some from the barber shop and stuck em in the trunk that stayed untouched for almost thirty years. Oh well, that trunk has lots of other vintage items. Such as the Time and Life Mags I mentioned above....and the 200 stereoviews, of which I have 27 for auction at the link below.

I'd like to track down seom Herbies, sounds funny to the quarter century man. grin.gif