• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best bags for current comics?

25 posts in this topic

That's probably a Mylar bag. Unlike poly bags, you never have to change out a Mylar bag.

I recommend buying Mylite 2 bags and Fullback boards.

I don't recommend the 4 mil bags because they are open tops and I've seen books damaged from exposure at the top of the bag.

You can get Mylite 4's, but if you are using Fullbacks with Mylite2's, you're getting a lot of protection. 4 mil bags are too stiff if you're folding the flap at the top, which you should be.

Other then Gerber (no online ordering) and hotflips (not a fan), where would you recommend picking up the milites2's and boards?

At your LCS.

Other then Gerber (no online ordering) and hotflips (not a fan), where would you recommend picking up the milites2's and boards?

At your LCS.

wish they'd carry them! lol

You can always order some from Comicsupply but if you're just going to send someone money through the internet for nothing in return, you can always send the money to me.

At least I'll say thank you. (thumbs u

For comics I think will appreciate or are worth at least $10, I use Mylite2's w/ fullbacks and I generally use silver/golden age size and before hand bag and board comics in silver age bags with a single silver board. The fact that Mylites are open at the top makes me nervous for some reason although I'm getting used to the idea that I don't need interior bags. lol For comics that I don't think will appreciate in value, I use silver age bags and silver boards. I buy stuff from hotflips. He's a board member and I support accordingly. There's some really exhaustive discussion of these issues on the boards. Just search for the prior threads.

At your LCS.

wish they'd carry them! lol

E. Gerber products are available from Diamond.

Your LCS orders from Diamond every week (unless there's some other distributor I'm not aware of :P) .

Ergo, you can ask your LCS to order them for you, just like you can ask him to order any new comic book, TPB, omnibus, bowen statue, or Game Of Thrones-related bling that is available in Previews (shrug)

If he's unwilling to do so, tell him to off and find yourself a new shop, or start ordering your stuff online. (thumbs u

How can you not be a fan of Hotflips? Before the money gets taken out of my account,my product is at my door.Just saying that Jeff is a fast shipper,customer service rocks.How is that not worthy of your patronage. (shrug)

How can you not be a fan of Hotflips? Before the money gets taken out of my account,my product is at my door.Just saying that Jeff is a fast shipper,customer service rocks.How is that not worthy of your patronage. (shrug)

+1

I don't use anyone else.