• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B'more ComiCon Forum Dinner

60 posts in this topic

Thanks. I'm a little scared though. The first one dealt a punishing blow to the amount of time I can spend on my hobbies. I afraid the second kid might just finish them off.

Little ones do make it hard. I pretty much gave up collecting glasses as they are so easy to break but colorful with cartoon characters on them the kids are always trying to get into the display case. Comics are a little easier, but it is amazing how much of your time and energy move from your hobbies to your kids.

It's all worth it of course, and I *LIKE* that my 3 kids like my glasses and comics, but I just wish they didn't watch to TOUCH them.... 27_laughing.gif

Gotta re-post.....can't edit the old one:

THE LIST ***UPDATED 8/4/04***

OK....Guests included:

In:

-Chrisco37

-The lovely Ms. Donut and her hubby

-Lighthouse

-Arnold T.

-Cavecarson

-Rocketeer

-Foolkiller

-Dam60

-Lantern +1

-Darth

-Steve Borock

-Paul Litch

-ShieldAgent

-Redhook + 1

-flink

-ft88

-Kevin_Boyd

-silverandbronze

-TomG

Possible:

-Jgel (+1?)

-Gemma, Mark, Sean, other CGC employees????

-Solar

-hobbes

One last thing.....I'm going to decide this weekend where we are going to have this shin-dig. If you have any ideas/preferences, LMK least you be at my mercy. (Don't worry, I'll run it by Donut at Tysons)

Also, need to know if anyone still wants to come or if I need to update your status.

Thanks!

Note that the lovely Mrs. Donut may also be attending. She can talk comics with the best of you, and is a tougher grader than I am. And she's much cuter than silverandbronze (except when he wears that little frilly number, but that's a totally different story). grin.gif

Note that the lovely Mrs. Donut may also be attending. She can talk comics with the best of you, and is a tougher grader than I am. And she's much cuter than silverandbronze (except when he wears that little frilly number, but that's a totally different story). grin.gif

Duly noted.

Dan, do you think that Mark would like to attend? I know he's probably too busy with the Con, but perhaps it would be nice to include the guy that puts it together???

OK....Guests included:

-Lantern (+1???)

+1...+1....do you really need to ask. When have you ever seen me without my +1? Of course +1 will be attending.

Also, you may want to add my bro to that list, he is a very good possiblity of attending.

thumbsup2.gif

+1...+1....do you really need to ask. When have you ever seen me without my +1? Of course +1 will be attending.

Also, you may want to add my bro to that list, he is a very good possiblity of attending.

thumbsup2.gif

Changes made. I figured Tori would be coming, but wasn't 100%. I put Russ as a possible.

I'm in too 99%

What about Friday night?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I talked to Foolkiller yesterday, and he told me you were coming down Friday.

I'm definitely down to meet up in B'more with you guys on Friday night. House was/is supposed to be staying with me, but I haven't heard from him about it recently. confused-smiley-013.gif

And, just an update on the dinner.....

It looks like it's going to be Phillips. I checked a bunch of spots within walking distance of the con and most were either too expensive (Mortons, McCormick & Schmick - runs at least $60/head not including drinks! 893whatthe.gif) or could not handle the size of our group (Cheesecake Factory).

Unfortunately, Phillips doesn't have a separate dining room for large parties. We will be seated with the commoners. tongue.gif

Anyway, we have two options:

A pre-set menu or the world famous "All You can Eat Seafood Buffet" (there's more than just seafood).

The pre-set menu is a little more expensive, but not by much.

I'd like to get an idea on what people would prefer. I know it's short notice, but I'll take opinions until Monday.

I've already reserved our space (we have spots at Mortons and Mc&S as well grin.gif), but but haven't 'bought' our dinner yet. I'll speak again with Steve next week and figure out the money situation. To give you and idea, we're looking at around $40/head not including drinks. I was really worried about pricing people out; we would like this dinner to be as inclusive as possible (not limited to just BSD's like Lantern and me 27_laughing.gif), so if you think the cost is going to be a problem , PM me and we'll see if we can't work something out. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks!

Chris

THE LIST ***UPDATED 8/27/04***

In:

-Chrisco37

-The lovely Ms. Donut and her hubby

-Lighthouse

-Arnold T.

-Cavecarson

-Rocketeer

-Foolkiller

-Dam60

-Lantern +1

-Darth

-Steve Borock

-Paul Litch

-ShieldAgent

-Redhook + 1

-flink

-ft88

-Kevin_Boyd

-silverandbronze

-TomG

-Rich Henn

-Mark Haspel

-Shawn Caffrey

-Matt Daken

-Eric Downton

-Jerry Stephan

-Solar

-BronzeBruce13 (99%)

Possible:

-Jgel (+1?)

I have 30 "Yes", and 2 "Possible". Please let me know if you need to change your status. "Possibles" let me know if you are in or out. Thanks!

-Chris

Take me off the list Chris. I will not be able to attend.

sorry.gif

Russ

frown.gif

Yo, where is your bro? I haven't talked to him for awhile. I PM'd him the other day and haven't got a response yet. confused-smiley-013.gif

Take me off the list Chris. I will not be able to attend.

sorry.gif

Russ

frown.gif

Yo, where is your bro? I haven't talked to him for awhile. I PM'd him the other day and haven't got a response yet. confused-smiley-013.gif

Travelling for the J-O-B. I haven't talked to him since Monday. I think he'll be around this weekend.

Apparently I'm the victim of hormonally induced amnesia. According to my very pregnant wife, I was never given travelling privileges this weekend, after all.

I'm out. Just another missed opportunity to meet up with everyone for a great weekend. Have fun. Wish I could be there.