• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller jscomics?

21 posts in this topic

From my experience, I would suggest examine the scans closely (problem is, most of the time he only provides a front cover scan). If you get a gut feeling that book might be over-graded, go with your gut 'cause chances are your gut's probably right.

I'm not saying don't bid, just bid according to what you believe the grade to be. He's books tend to go for top dollar and if you're not careful you can end up way over-paying for something that's a tad over-graded.

Just my 2c

My experience exactly.

However, I have gotten many, many nice books from them.

From my experience, I would suggest examine the scans closely (problem is, most of the time he only provides a front cover scan). If you get a gut feeling that book might be over-graded, go with your gut 'cause chances are your gut's probably right.

I'm not saying don't bid, just bid according to what you believe the grade to be. He's books tend to go for top dollar and if you're not careful you can end up way over-paying for something that's a tad over-graded.

Just my 2c

The thing I find a bit strange is that all these books seem to come from an OO, but some (very few) are noted as having color touch. Why would some of these pristine books from an OO have color touch?
Uh - like anyone else who has ever been bilked. Criminals only touch up the necessary ones, such as the black covers. It's also possible the OO may have touched up the ones with flaws in his own collection, as well.

Overgrader

Agreed. I have purchased from him many times, the reason being is that sometimes the books do grade out, and if they don't, I can return them without any issue. However, when I purchased from him in the spring, it was probably about 25 books, of which I kept maybe 5. He has always overgraded in my opinion.....and some 9.2's were 8.0's this last time. I will say their customer service is top notch though.

He's usually pretty close (I recently bought a book that was allegedly a 6.5 and was actually a 6.0).

I wish I had the skill to distinguish the 6.5s from the 6.0s. :D

And I would add, for the most part, who cares? :shrug:

He's usually pretty close (I recently bought a book that was allegedly a 6.5 and was actually a 6.0).

Me too. It was simply a polite way to say he was pretty damn close. Maybe you should wish for the ability to come up with a comment related to your own experience.

Me too. It was simply a polite way to say he was pretty damn close. Maybe you should wish for the ability to come up with a comment related to your own experience.

:o

:popcorn:

The polite way to say "he was pretty damn close" is to say "he was pretty damn close." The impolite way is to say a book was "allegedly" one grade when it was "actually" another.

The polite way to say "he was pretty damn close" is to say "he was pretty damn close." The impolite way is to say a book was "allegedly" one grade when it was "actually" another.

Not necessarily. I was illustrating accuracy. You're illustrating, well..