• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello CGC Boards

82 posts in this topic

I was going to make a dozen new posts about Walking Dead, but I figured I should save that for day 2 on the boards.

Noob to the boards, but no noob to buying over printed and manufactured collectibles! You shall tremble at my extensive collection of mid-grade (9.8s? Bah!) X-Men #1s (the good one from teh 90s!!), you will gasp as you realize that yes, Dalek does own the good Image #1s, you know the ones I mean, who wants all these "Walking Dead" and such, the art shows people with far too clearly defined feet and postures. I want Youngblood and shoulder pads!

The only redeeming thing in my high school buying days was my GI Joe run (50-155), but even that can't remove the tarnish of all those dead Superman comics...

Hell, make it easy on yourself and just gouge out your eyeballs ahead of time.

Welcome to the boards!

Words of wisdom indeed.

And thanks for all the welcomes!

We are a community of fools and sages.

Ahh, I love the smell of fresh n00b in the morning. Welcome!

Sometimes I have that "not-so-fresh-feeling" in the morning, some of that may be wafting your way.

I wondered what that smell was. hm

Smells like team spirit!

Welcome to the boards! If this site is available at work you will end up spending way too much time here!

Oh, I already do, been using this board as reading material for about 4 years now. I'm just lazy to the extreme and never bothered signing up.

One problem with the boards at work is I can't see any pics. I'll have to wait until the day ends to see what my first day avatar is. I hope it is so awesome my eyes bleed.

Welcome to the boards! If this site is available at work you will end up spending way too much time here!

Oh, I already do, been using this board as reading material for about 4 years now. I'm just lazy to the extreme and never bothered signing up.

One problem with the boards at work is I can't see any pics. I'll have to wait until the day ends to see what my first day avatar is. I hope it is so awesome my eyes bleed.

Don't get your hopes up! lol

Too late, my hopes are set as high as they are when you see an awesome Craiglist/Kijiji ad for "MINT COMIC".

Hello all. Been reading/lurking these forums for a few years (they don't get blocked at work, yay) and just never got around to signing up.

I was at the Edmonton show this weekend and ran into some people selling books who suggested I should sign up and I figgered, what the what. Thank you thehumantorch for some very nice FF books (55 & 58), my wife didn't even mind your prices hehe (but I made sure not to buy until after she had spent $$ on all her Doctor Who goodies, it's all about the timing, eh?). By far the best selection of Silver Age at the show. By far the best grades and grading. By far the best pricing (for what I was looking at anyway). I spent a day looking at every FF 55 at the show (my favorite cover of all) before coming back to your booth.

I have...nothing special to add to these boards. Just another guy who buys funny books, who doesn't have a collection to drool over. I'm working on it though.

I used to buy a mess ton of moderns but recently dropped my pull file from 30 or so titles to 8, and who knows how much longer all those will last (Superior Spider-man? Really? Cancelling/restarting Fantastic Four...again?). Dropped all those mutant and avenger titles (except X-Factor, X-Factor rocks the house) and became a Batman/Detective subscriber for the first time. Now that I have that much more "comicspending$$" in the pocket, completing the Fantastic Four run actually looks doable.

Tl;dr = another noobie with nothing special. Looking forward to having a board to post on while I sell insurance (please don't hate me...) :grin:

It was nice to meet you and thanks for the purchases. Best prices and best grading hm might be time to raise our prices.

You had said you lurked here a lot and that's cool but I'm glad you decided to join up. We need more solid boardies who don't think they're special.

Ahh, I love the smell of fresh n00b in the morning.

I knew there was a reason I enjoyed being a n00b.

I always imagined you smelling like Guinness.

Probably not far off when I've just cycled five and a half miles to work.

Welcome to the boards!

Words of wisdom indeed.

The trick is knowing which is which.

Too late, my hopes are set as high as they are when you see an awesome Craiglist/Kijiji ad for "MINT COMIC".

By the way, all n00bs are required to send a six pack to every member of the 10K and above post club. I'll take Sam Adams Octoberfest please.

:whistle:

Welcome to the boards!

Words of wisdom indeed.

^^

By the way, all n00bs are required to send a six pack to every member of the 10K and above post club. I'll take Sam Adams Octoberfest please.

:whistle:

stock-photo-16062501-six-pack-of-guinness.jpg

Welcome to the boards!

Words of wisdom indeed.

After three years, I still haven't figured it out (shrug)