• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello CGC Boards

82 posts in this topic

Hello all. Been reading/lurking these forums for a few years (they don't get blocked at work, yay) and just never got around to signing up.

I was at the Edmonton show this weekend and ran into some people selling books who suggested I should sign up and I figgered, what the what. Thank you thehumantorch for some very nice FF books (55 & 58), my wife didn't even mind your prices hehe (but I made sure not to buy until after she had spent $$ on all her Doctor Who goodies, it's all about the timing, eh?). By far the best selection of Silver Age at the show. By far the best grades and grading. By far the best pricing (for what I was looking at anyway). I spent a day looking at every FF 55 at the show (my favorite cover of all) before coming back to your booth.

I have...nothing special to add to these boards. Just another guy who buys funny books, who doesn't have a collection to drool over. I'm working on it though.

I used to buy a mess ton of moderns but recently dropped my pull file from 30 or so titles to 8, and who knows how much longer all those will last (Superior Spider-man? Really? Cancelling/restarting Fantastic Four...again?). Dropped all those mutant and avenger titles (except X-Factor, X-Factor rocks the house) and became a Batman/Detective subscriber for the first time. Now that I have that much more "comicspending$$" in the pocket, completing the Fantastic Four run actually looks doable.

Tl;dr = another noobie with nothing special. Looking forward to having a board to post on while I sell insurance (please don't hate me...) :grin:

When you attend conventions, don't ask any of the cosplaying girls about their bra size.

I used to buy a mess ton of moderns but recently dropped my pull file from 30 or so titles to 8, and who knows how much longer all those will last (Superior Spider-man? Really? Cancelling/restarting Fantastic Four...again?). Dropped all those mutant and avenger titles (except X-Factor, X-Factor rocks the house) and became a Batman/Detective subscriber for the first time. Now that I have that much more "comicspending$$" in the pocket, completing the Fantastic Four run actually looks doable.

Tl;dr = another noobie with nothing special. Looking forward to having a board to post on while I sell insurance (please don't hate me...) :grin:

Welcome to the boards. :applause:

A lot of love for the recent Batbooks here. Check out the Modern forum for some discussions.

When you attend conventions, don't ask any of the cosplaying girls about their bra size.

Or if you could hang a sportcoat on one of her nipples.

Or if you could set up a Marvel Legends diorama on her cleavage.

Or if you could hang a sportcoat on one of her nipples.

Or if you could set up a Marvel Legends diorama on her cleavage.

lol

Ahh, I love the smell of fresh n00b in the morning. Welcome!

Sometimes I have that "not-so-fresh-feeling" in the morning, some of that may be wafting your way.

I wondered what that smell was. hm