• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 2: Totally sucked!

92 posts in this topic

I wouldn't say it totally sucked, just partially. Best superhero movie made? Not even the best superhero movie I've seen. I'll probably see Spidey 3 though, especially if it's a free screening again. More JJJ!

I liked it. There was a little to much talking but the action more than made up for it.

One question - What was the deal with the landlords daughter giving Peter the slice of cake? Was this a throw away scene or something more????confused-smiley-013.gif

I liked it. There was a little to much talking but the action more than made up for it.

One question - What was the deal with the landlords daughter giving Peter the slice of cake? Was this a throw away scene or something more????confused-smiley-013.gif

I think someone suggested that this skinny blonde might be Gwen confused-smiley-013.gif. Her name was not mentioned in the film that I recall.

I am sure this type of thread has already been established but I must tell someone. Of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen, this was the worst of the most hyped. Ugh! Aunt May..sucked. Peter Parker...sucked. MJ...really sucked. Harry O... sucked. Doc. Ock... partly sucked. Love themes...all sucked. Stan Lee cameo...sucked. Reality portion... sucked. Attempts at humor...sucked. Length of movie...sucked. J.J.J...awesome. I still can't get over it. What a waste of money. How can this piece of [!@#%^&^] be such a HUGE box office hit? Marketing does wonders I guess. Thanks for allowing me to vent and I apologize to all that enjoyed it. Just had to get it off my chest.

Its all very well saying everything sucked, but WHY did you think they sucked? And did you like the first movie? And do you even like Spider-Man??? confused-smiley-013.gif

One last thing - no one on the train had a camera to take a shot of Spiderman "exposed"?

well, after he saved all their lives, and they gently carried him and layed him down... it would have been kinda out of character for one of them to take advantage of his situation, right?

One last thing - no one on the train had a camera to take a shot of Spiderman "exposed"?

well, after he saved all their lives, and they gently carried him and layed him down... it would have been kinda out of character for one of them to take advantage of his situation, right?

CCTV? confused-smiley-013.gif

It finally hit the U.K. this week so I went to see it with some friends last night. We all thought it rocked. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock was just awesome, a lesser actor could easily have turned this role into a joke (particularly when he "speaks" to his tentacles). JJJ was undeniably superb, and the performances overall were excellent.

The special effects and CGI were amazing, and the train scene is undoubtedly one the high points of any superhero film.

Hard to fault this movie, as a theatre full of obviously non-comic fans were cheering and clapping (unusual in the U.K.) and the Spidey brand-name is clearly establishing itself worldwide. I don't now about anyone else, but I loved it ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Possibly agree that the slow points will become even slower on a 2nd/3rd viewing but wouldn't this apply to most "action" movies ?

If you're just voicing an opinion, fine. You didn't like the movie, no worries. BUT, as far as movies go this was a GOOD movie. Plot lines, pacing, character development, direction, -script, acting were all very strong. Relative to other superhero movies, the only one that comes close is the first Batman movie. I'm sure some people enjoyed other movies more, Superman was mentioned, but I'd love for someone to put together an argument as to why any of those were better as movies, from a non fanboy perspective. The best thing that Spidey 2 has going for it is that as a movie it stands on its own. You don't need to be a fanboy. It has great cross-over because it is a good MOVIE, not just a good superhero movie. To be clear, if you just didn't like it for whatever reason, you're entitled to that opinion but please don't give me that "why is this making money" [!@#%^&^]. If you think it's a bad movie, back it up with more than just "this movie sucked" comments.

Only thing I wonder was why was a train running on an unfinished track?

It would of stopped and been rerouted at the station that the train passed during the movie but doc ock had destroyed the brakes. So it kept going.

I saw the movie last week. While I definitely didn't think it SUCKED, there were plenty of VERY CONTRIVED parts of the movie that to me didn't work at all. Aunt May's speech about the little kid wanting to be Spider-Man was terrible and way to late in the movie for a slow part like that.

Also, regrading the special effects, I WASN'T happy with them. All of the effect are FASTER than REAL LIFE effects, while to me, the best EFFECTS slow down reality. I also like effects that happen in the backround (usually only to be seen because of slow motion).

Lastly, Doc Ock's plot was pretty much pointless. Yes, he wants to create perpetual power, but WHY would his TENTACLES want him to rebuild it? Made ZERO sense to me.

I'll buy the DVD, but dread watching a few parts again.

The second time you watch Spider-man 2...

when you already know what happens...

those slow spots are... reeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyy slow.

The train scene? Fantastic.

The slow spots? Zzzzzz.

I'll be making regular use of "fast-forward" on this DVD. thumbsup2.gif

Actually I thought the exact opposite...

I watched it three times during the opening week because of a serendipitous construction schedule. A local 12-screen theater opened for the first time three days before Spidey 2, and hadn't bid heavily on any other movies because they weren't certain they would be open in time. So they put Spidey on five screens and ran it starting every half-hour. With no advertising push, few trained employees, only half their normal concession items and most of the locals on vacation, they were quite happy with a "soft" opening to get their feet wet.

So I saw a 1:30pm showing on the opening Wednesday, in a theater that was three days old, with just 11 people in the house. thumbsup2.gif I followed it with a Thursday showing at 5:30pm with just 13 people in the house. And we saw it a 3rd time Saturday at 3:30 with a whopping 25 people...

After the first showing, I was kinda bummed about how slow the slow parts were. The "not-Spidey" sequence seemed about five minutes too long for me, and there were two or three talking-heads scenes that seemed 10-15 seconds too long.

But the second time I watched it, the slow parts seemed much faster... The third time the slow parts seemed almost non-existent... Obviously you don't want to force people to watch a film three times to get a positive experience, and I still think they could have removed about 3 minutes worth and improved the film. But I thought it was better on the re-watch... confused-smiley-013.gif

I am sure this type of thread has already been established but I must tell someone. Of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen, this was the worst of the most hyped. Ugh! Aunt May..sucked. Peter Parker...sucked. MJ...really sucked. Harry O... sucked. Doc. Ock... partly sucked. Love themes...all sucked. Stan Lee cameo...sucked. Reality portion... sucked. Attempts at humor...sucked. Length of movie...sucked. J.J.J...awesome. I still can't get over it. What a waste of money. How can this piece of [!@#%^&^] be such a HUGE box office hit? Marketing does wonders I guess. Thanks for allowing me to vent and I apologize to all that enjoyed it. Just had to get it off my chest.

Some people walk the straight and narrow path.Although some have an approach of walking thru the hills and valleys just like there lives but then there are some that are mountain climbers and cant even get to the top because it's all 1 big mountain kind of like the life there living!

Mountain Climbers gotta Love em!

Davidking623

Can someone smarter than me please interpret this and tell me how it relates to the original post? foreheadslap.gif

Translation: " Ya know, I really like Vanilla! "

How it relates to the original post,...I don't know! 27_laughing.gif

Lastly, Doc Ock's plot was pretty much pointless. Yes, he wants to create perpetual power, but WHY would his TENTACLES want him to rebuild it? Made ZERO sense to me.

ummmmm, you know what? thats a great point!! WHat do the tentacles care? Maybe they loved Ock, and were protective of him, and wanted to reestablish his reputation. Afetr they became 'one' wiht him, they took on HIS desires too. ANyway. what else could the tentacles want? Rob banks? take over the world? Four armed female tentacles? Fo rthat matter, what was Doc Ock's motivation in teh comics exactly wxcept to be the best darned super villain of them all and get rich???