• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whiz Comics #2 (#1) CGC 9.0

148 posts in this topic

The (to date) highest graded unrestored Whiz Comics #1 will be up for sale in the next ComicConnect auction in November/ December. The unreal 9.0 ( :ohnoez: ) with off-white to white pages was just graded on Oct., 23rd

Not sure if this copy has been around in a different grade, but it looks great!

Link

whi1.1215a.jpg

whi1.1215b.jpg

George.

The (to date) highest graded unrestored Whiz Comics #1 will be up for sale in the next ComicConnect auction in November/ December. The unreal 9.0 ( :ohnoez: ) with off-white to white pages was just graded on Oct., 23rd

Link

whi1.1215a.jpg

whi1.1215b.jpg

George.

That is an amazing copy. Only one that I've seen that was nicer was the Mile High copy. Here is a picture of John Snyder holding it in his office back in 1995. I took the picture in the pre-digital camera era, and a scanner wasn't an option, so sorry for the poor photo. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you the book looked and felt brand spanking new

MileHighWhiz.jpg

Link

whi1.1215a.jpg

whi1.1215b.jpg

George.

Very Impressive.

Link

whi1.1215a.jpg

whi1.1215b.jpg

George.

That is an amazing copy. Only one that I've seen that was nicer was the Mile High copy. Here is a picture of John Snyder holding it in his office back in 1995. I took the picture in the pre-digital camera era, and a scanner wasn't an option, so sorry for the poor photo. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you the book looked and felt brand spanking new

MileHighWhiz.jpg

Thanks for posting what is probably the only pic we'll see of this copy any time soon. I'd REALLY love to see it.

Anyone think this book will hit 7 figures ? (shrug)

Only comparable sale is the 6.0 going for 176k recently.

I still consider that sale an "anomoly".... now, there was a legitimate underbidder...but I had a long discussion with this indvidual and they admitted to getting "caught up"...I asked him/her why if they were willing to pay/bid 175K for a 6.0, they wouldn't jump on an almost identical 5.5 at 40K less that is available in the market place, and that was their response (was no longer worth it to them, got carried away and was thankful they didn't win at that price)... what most forget or never knew, is (I believe Metro or someone else can confirm) that just a few months before this book went to auction, it was available at Metro's booth in SDCC for 45K and went unsold (I think that was the price, I remember looking at it and considering making an offer...might have even been 60K, but it was no where near the price it auctioned for)

I see this 9.0 copy being worth north of 250K just on principle alone, and if you try to use the 6.0 sale as a benchmark, folks would say 500K...will be fun to watch...incredibly rare book unrestored, and obviously in nosebleed stature at that grade... kudos to metro for uncovering

Dream Scenario - You win this book at auction and DC / Time Warner announces a major reboot of the character with a major motion picture to be released next year. Captain Marvel is on top again! OK, time to wake up and go back to work.

Or you just win if because you fondly remember reading it as a kid and love the book.

:cloud9:

Call me crazy but next to Marvel #1 there are few books I'd rather own more in high grade, unrestored.