• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Cyclists on the boards?

36 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody here enjoys Road biking. (Bicyclists) not motorcycles.

I've been doing it for the past two years and love it! I wish I had started sooner!

If so what do you ride? I have a 2007 Masi Vincere.

Elvis

I used to be a pretty serious cyclist, I did a lot of road riding and racing as training for Mountain Bike racing, but don't get out on them very often now days.

My road bike is a 2004 Once Team Issue with all carbon Campy Record.

My current Mountain Bike is a Fisher Super-Fly 29er.

Back in the day I had a partial sponsorship with Trek and some smaller component companies for MTB racing. I road a Trek 9.8 Carbon. I love that bike.

Cyclists get on my nerves! :censored:

On the path then on the road, ignore the traffic lights, almost get knocked over, they don't wear all the gear, no lights in the pitch dark!

Case in point this morning, red light I cross the road, I get eye balled by a cyclist because he was coming at me and I caused him to slow, then I go to cross over a 2nd road which is the corner he is coming around and he almost knocks into me.

He eye balls me again so said "Red light buddy, if your on the road obey the damn law!"

Also one day a while ago, out of the train station and going up the road. This woman causually crosses a one way street, next minute a guy on a bike shouting at the top of his voice “OIGHT OIGHT” and its not like she just stepped out in front of him causing him to slam on the brakes, he was quite a distance away still. He pulls up to her and in her face says “GET OUT OF THE ROAD YOU C**T!”.

I felt like running over and pushing the tosser off his bike.

Hey, maybe its just where I live lol

You realize pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way right?

As for the second story guy is just a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

On the path then on the road, ignore the traffic lights, almost get knocked over, they don't wear all the gear, no lights in the pitch dark!

Case in point this morning, red light I cross the road, I get eye balled by a cyclist because he was coming at me and I caused him to slow, then I go to cross over a 2nd road which is the corner he is coming around and he almost knocks into me.

He eye balls me again so said "Red light buddy, if your on the road obey the damn law!"

Also one day a while ago, out of the train station and going up the road. This woman causually crosses a one way street, next minute a guy on a bike shouting at the top of his voice “OIGHT OIGHT” and its not like she just stepped out in front of him causing him to slam on the brakes, he was quite a distance away still. He pulls up to her and in her face says “GET OUT OF THE ROAD YOU C**T!”.

Nah, It's not just where you live! I can understand your feelings toward cyclists. I am fairly new to it and every year I see the same C-rap. Where I live is pretty rural meaning no bike lanes and I always see guys/gals riding right down the middle of the road holding up traffic and disobeying road rules.

I ride the MS150 every year and I an surprised no one has been hit and killed. Even the state patrol this year was yelling at riders and giving out warnings.

Elvis

You realize pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way right?

As for the second story guy is just a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I drive class a vehicles and the bicyclists don't bother me on the road (shrug).

I have a 2011 Rockhopper and keep it far far from roads that have more than Ranger/Parks department vehicles on them. I tend to keep my riding quiet since I hate being clumped into the group of insanely stupid cyclists in my area. I don't know if being on a bike makes people revert to their childhood and think they are invincible (especially fixie riders) but I'm surprised I don't see an accident daily.

Lance Armstrong does get around.

I'm surprised his name didn't come up earlier

Lance Armstrong does get around.

I'm surprised his name didn't come up earlier

That's what Usada said.

Tosser.

lol

It's posts like this that remind me why I love the English.

:cloud9: