• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Feedback extortion

9 posts in this topic

Anyone on here ever had to deal with this? I think it is actually pretty sad and pathetic that some sellers on ebay stoop to this.

I am asking because I was just recalling an experience I had about 2 months ago. What happened was I ordered a lot of comics, some came water damaged (Not disclosed at all) and when I messaged the seller he got extremely rude saying that I got a good deal and should basically shut up. Anyways, since he wasn't going to do anything about it I decided to just leave a negative and move on with my life. He sends me a message about a day later telling me if I didn't change my feedback he would be contacted ebay about an offer I had made him to pay outside of ebay (prior to the auction ending and for more than what I eventually won them for by the way) that this was against the rules. So I contacted ebay and they basically told me to definitely not change my feedback, and that yes it is against ebay rules to do that, but I hadn't actually done anything so I hadn't broken a rule.

Anyways, just curious to see how widespread situations like this are.

Been there done that. Post his user ID so we all know who not to buy from.

+1

I will always do a refund for an unhappy buyer.

I also think outside purchases are justifiable. Of course eBay dissuade you against doing them but that does not make them immoral. Non-disclosure is immoral.

Ehh... It was about 2 months ago. I am the only negative feedback he currently has, but he has some neutral that seem to agree with my thoughts he is extremely rude. Also if you use the toolhaus site he has negatives from before that seem to fit with my experience.

His name is lakewoodranchcomics if anyone cares to know still

What a loser. Can you still open a paypal case against him? Won't look good for him if he has multiple cases against him.

Honestly wasn't a big loss. The two comics damaged were the KB tots reprint of issue 1 of USM and a later issue.

Probably worth about 2 bucks, but it was ridiculous the way he acted. He was harassing me well past when I stopped contacting him. Until I got ebay involved and I guess they penalized him or something then he stopped. Oh well, was just curious if it was a frequent occurence. If it has been for something more expensive you can believe I definitely would have opened a paypal case for it.