• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold returns as Conan!!!

136 posts in this topic

King Conan.

This

:insane:

They have to do it. Its like my wildest dreams have come true.

These guys can get back into shape. He just needs testosterone and some other things and he will be ripped and huge in no time. He looked great in Expendables 2.

Here is a pic with them both sometime after expendables 2 wrapped...they are both getting shoulder surgery lol

640x380_spotlight_pix.jpg

Here is one from a film he is filming now:

http://twitpic.com/b7c9jc/full

I do not have high hopes reading these quotes:

Fredrik Malmberg

"The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior," says Malmberg, "and this is the take of the film we will make. Its that mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows hell be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."

Chris Morgan

"After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me, Morgan says. [Conan] lives by that barbarian law of the wild, capable of extreme violence and rage, but he has created his own code and operates from within it. By the end of that film, Conan became a certain character, and this film picks him up there, as he faces different challenges that include dealing with age. [it's] where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story. I love the property of Conan so much that I wouldnt touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conans Unforgiven."

CROM, PLEASE SLAY THESE WORTHLESS HACKS!

I am encouraged by the quotes. Unforgiven is a well made film, and if they go that route with Conan it will be excellent provided they do a good job writing it.

Clint Eastwood is one of the greatest filmmakers of his generation.

Chris Morgan is a HACK. He is not qualified to hold Eastwood's CODPIECE! Much less infer that he could make a film that compares to Unforgiven. O the hubris!

Universal Pictures is a bunch of Cash Grabbing SUITS who have graduated from enslaving you to the cable teat to Big Budget film-making and who will throw any artistic merit out the window in order to corrupt source material for dollars!

I HOPE A GIANT ASTEROID HITS THE UNIVERSAL GLOBE! :preach:

Hmm...yes,tell us how you really feel about this lol

My best hope at this point is that it will be moderately successful and will make the franchise viable again. Then maybe, just maybe, it might pave the way for something like a GoT/Spartacus type cable series down the road that is faithful to REH's Conan. Gotta have a dream.

Or they could adapt Hour of the Dragon for this one, dammit! :sumo:

If he dedicates himself to training (not a stretch for a guy like that) and they pour on a little movie magic as another poster said, there won't be a problem.

Even more worrisome to me than his current physique is the fact that his face has been stretched halfway to Khitai by plastic surgeons - it just looks terribly 21st century L.A. and unnatural, not something you'd find in the Hyborian Age unless you were the victim of a sorceror's spell gone awry. :eek:

If he dedicates himself to training (not a stretch for a guy like that) and they pour on a little movie magic as another poster said, there won't be a problem.

Even more worrisome to me than his current physique is the fact that his face has been stretched halfway to Khitai by plastic surgeons - it just looks terribly 21st century L.A. and unnatural, not something you'd find in the Hyborian Age unless you were the victim of a sorceror's spell gone awry. :eek:

This is true.

I've been an Arnold fan since I was in grade school in the late 1970's but I don't think there is any way he's going to bulk up again at the age of 65.

I've been an Arnold fan since I was in grade school in the late 1970's but I don't think there is any way he's going to bulk up again at the age of 65.

He's said on talkshows that all those years of heavy lifting have injured his joints. So even if it were possible, he couldn't do the work required to add bulk. But he could probably firm up what he has and get his body fat down.

I think this could work.

King Conan with Arnold.

I'm in. I reckon he could get into at least some kind of shape required.

This is Arnold we're talking about, like or loathe him, guy oozes more charisma from his little finger than most actioners. He can't act, has never been able to act - but crucially has never really had to either.

He's said on talkshows that all those years of heavy lifting have injured his joints. So even if it were possible, he couldn't do the work required to add bulk. But he could probably firm up what he has and get his body fat down.

That's one of the reasons I've never considered body building a "healthy" thing to do. It's great for short and mid term but disastrously difficult on the body long term.

Even if his joints were in perfect shape, though, putting on mass in your 60's is a very difficult thing to do, if not impossible.

It's just simple physiology. Unless you have really taken care of your body to the point where at 60 you are like most people in their 40's (something that is possible to do) putting on mass is an uphill, if not impossible climb.

This is Arnold we're talking about, like or loathe him, guy oozes more charisma from his little finger than most actioners. He can't act, has never been able to act - but crucially has never really had to either.

Yup. I'm going to be introducing him to my kids soon...Predator, Terminator...the works!

That's one of the reasons I've never considered body building a "healthy" thing to do. It's great for short and mid term but disastrously difficult on the body long term.

Even if his joints were in perfect shape, though, putting on mass in your 60's is a very difficult thing to do, if not impossible.

It's just simple physiology. Unless you have really taken care of your body to the point where at 60 you are like most people in their 40's (something that is possible to do) putting on mass is an uphill, if not impossible climb.

Normal bodybuilding is fine. But the weights required for competitive bodybuilding go beyond what the human architecture can withstand over time. And who knows what all those steroids do to you.

As an aside, I'm reminded of all the crippled up ex-ballerinas.

In case any of you didn't hear. Arnold will be the UNKNOWN SOILDER in the upcoming DC movie. Actually he's set to do a string of action movies. Some talk going around about him in a new Predator movie and a Commando 2 also. Last Stand will be coming out soon were he plays a small town cop. A movie called The Tomb will have him and Stallon together again in a prison movie. Danny DeVito and him will be in the Twins follow up movie called Triplets. And there's more. Looks like Arnold will be around for a while. I guess he meant it when he said; "I'll be bock!" :grin: