• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold returns as Conan!!!

136 posts in this topic

If he dedicates himself to training (not a stretch for a guy like that) and they pour on a little movie magic as another poster said, there won't be a problem.

Even more worrisome to me than his current physique is the fact that his face has been stretched halfway to Khitai by plastic surgeons - it just looks terribly 21st century L.A. and unnatural, not something you'd find in the Hyborian Age unless you were the victim of a sorceror's spell gone awry. :eek:

A beard could take care of that.

In case any of you didn't hear. Arnold will be the UNKNOWN SOILDER in the upcoming DC movie. Actually he's set to do a string of action movies. Some talk going around about him in a new Predator movie and a Commando 2 also. Last Stand will be coming out soon were he plays a small town cop. A movie called The Tomb will have him and Stallon together again in a prison movie. Danny DeVito and him will be in the Twins follow up movie called Triplets. And there's more. Looks like Arnold will be around for a while. I guess he meant it when he said; "I'll be bock!" :grin:

He's currently working on the movie "Ten."

Here's a photo that he just tweeted.

TEN102520125.jpeg

For me, Arnold is Conan. He isn’t Robert E Howard’s Conan. He is Milius’ Conan. Milius’ Conan was entertaining & fun, especially for a 10 year old. He was semi-campy & semi-epic. I’m not sure if we’ll ever see REH’s Conan on film. Proper casting alone seems impossible. Honestly though, IDGAF. Why do I need REH on film when I’ve got him in poetry & prose? I don’t. Frazetta, Buscema, Nord, Arnold, Milius, Roy Thomas -- these guys & others are all just cool, interesting, & at times amusing extras.

For me, Arnold is Conan. He isn’t Robert E Howard’s Conan. He is Milius’ Conan. Milius’ Conan was entertaining & fun, especially for a 10 year old. He was semi-campy & semi-epic. I’m not sure if we’ll ever see REH’s Conan on film. Proper casting alone seems impossible. Honestly though, IDGAF. Why do I need REH on film when I’ve got him in poetry & prose? I don’t. Frazetta, Buscema, Nord, Arnold, Milius, Roy Thomas -- these guys & others are all just cool, interesting, & at times amusing extras.

PS this is also my attitude about comic book movie adaptations. The movie is the movie. The comic book is the comic book. Be grateful for both or ignore that which sucks too bad & get over it.

He looks great.

65 is a badarse age.

I just saw him on Jon Stewart.

He looks great.

Here's the clip if you want to see it.

Wisdom from Tupenny.

Wisdom from Tupenny.

The only way to top that post is to have him sign it off with a topless pic of himself.

Wisdom from Tupenny.

I don't think I'll ever see last year's Conan. I think it'll suck too much for me so I'm taking a pass.

I'm happy it was made though. It only helps the cause. Some percentage of the audience went & read REH after seeing the movie. That's almost certainly a net gain.

When I carry the sword for REH's Conan, my mind is far far from Hollywood, comic books, paintings, illustration, cartoons, &c.

Wisdom from Tupenny.

The only way to top that post is to have him sign it off with a topless pic of himself.

His posts are pearls before swine.

If he dedicates himself to training (not a stretch for a guy like that) and they pour on a little movie magic as another poster said, there won't be a problem.

I've been an Arnold fan since I was in grade school in the late 1970's but I don't think there is any way he's going to bulk up again at the age of 65.

I'm not saying he's going to look like he did 30 years ago; I'm saying that training hard (not necessarily for size alone) will improve his physique to a point where they can work with it.

Whoa... divorce must really suck.

Divorce is hardest on the housekeepers.