• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold returns as Conan!!!

136 posts in this topic

I don't think I'll ever see last year's Conan. I think it'll suck too much for me so I'm taking a pass.

Good move.

I'm looking forward to seeing that actor in GOTs when I finally get around to watching the HBO series.

I think he has an interesting face for Conan, at least as envisioned by Frazetta.

Frazetta's Conan was dark skinned & dark featured, don't you think? Eye color aside, that is.

I also like the concept of a more lithe Conan a la BWS but that would have to be when he wasn't much more than a youth.

It's because Conan must be a very large man that I don't think Hollywood can cast him in the REH template.

I don't think I'll ever see last year's Conan. I think it'll suck too much for me so I'm taking a pass.

Good move.

I'm looking forward to seeing that actor in GOTs when I finally get around to watching the HBO series.

I think he has an interesting face for Conan, at least as envisioned by Frazetta.

Frazetta's Conan was dark skinned & dark featured, don't you think? Eye color aside, that is.

I also like the concept of a more lithe Conan a la BWS but that would have to be when he wasn't much more than a youth.

It's because Conan must be a very large man that I don't think Hollywood can cast him in the REH template.

I haven't seen the latest Conan but I have seen GOT. He is a bit wooden in GOT so that doesn't bode well for me giving Conan a whirl.

Good move.

I haven't seen the latest Conan but I have seen GOT. He is a bit wooden in GOT so that doesn't bode well for me giving Conan a whirl.

You guys are talking about Jason Momoa who played Khal Drogo?

Good move.

Yeah.

Good move.

Yeah.

Yeah, he was a bit wooden in GOT, although I think the character probably called for it. I haven't seen last year's Conan.

Plus, it needed more topless wenchs locked in cages.

FEMEN

:golfclap:

Now that is a link.

Google them in latest news. This is one seriously disturbed group of women and their leader is clearly an asylum escapee.

They lost me on cause well before they decided to show a rotating banner on their Website of a woman victory posing after castrating a man, holding the bloody package in one hand and a bloodied sickle in the other.

Good move.

Yeah.

Yeah, he was a bit wooden in GOT, although I think the character probably called for it. I haven't seen last year's Conan.

I thought Momoa was pretty good in Thrones. He wasn't a bad Conan either IMHO.

I thought Jason was a very good Conan. It was the -script and mesy direction that ruined the movie. And the fact that nobody seems to understand that Howard's sword and sorcery is not Tolkien/D&D style style high fantasy with elves and prestige classes. It's historical adventure with a weird horror element added to it. GoT is actually very Howardian in that regard.