• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

I've see a few people list Spidey 2099 on this list. Even if it is indeed Miguel who is the new Spidey, what do you guys think the number 1 (his origin) would reach. Is it ever going to be a $5 book?!? I can pick up dozens of copies at $1 but am very hesitant to do so.

More then a few have already bought 10+ copies or more. One guy was trying to buy 100 copies this week. I will sit back and watch this one because I know 2 places I can pick up a ton if it takes off.

How long can the Spidey 2099 era really last until fans demand Peter Parker back?

issue #750 has the return of Peter Parker

I've see a few people list Spidey 2099 on this list. Even if it is indeed Miguel who is the new Spidey, what do you guys think the number 1 (his origin) would reach. Is it ever going to be a $5 book?!? I can pick up dozens of copies at $1 but am very hesitant to do so.

More then a few have already bought 10+ copies or more. One guy was trying to buy 100 copies this week. I will sit back and watch this one because I know 2 places I can pick up a ton if it takes off.

How long can the Spidey 2099 era really last until fans demand Peter Parker back?

When is the next movie? My gut says Marvel has to have PP back before then.

Howdy, Im new to this whole thing. But I have a good feeling about Lookouts as well. It's an all ages book with a great story and AMAZING art.

And its already a bit of a Cinderella story because it started as a small webcomic.

Completely agree with this, had not thought of it

If Miguel is returning, I see it possibly happening in ASM 698. Slott has been saying that this issue is very under-ordered and it will be huge. Don't know how long it lasts, but I think 698 might set the stage for what is going to happen.

i don't think so. the comic book reading audience iis an infinitesimal subset of the movie going audience. the ownership of the two properties isn't even the same. the movie is out in 16 months. i guess it's possible that this monumental event is reversed in that time.

Captain America Vol. 5 No. 6 Winter Soldier variant. This book has a very small print run and according to CGC it is the 1st appearance of Winter Soldier. I anticipate that it is going to be a big dollar book when the Captain America sequel gets close to opening up at the box office. NM copies are disappearing off of eBay already but VF/NM copies that you can press are still available for cheap. Buy them, hoard them, press them, slab them and/or SS them and wait for the heat to build in anticipation of Captain America II: Winter Soldier and sell the sh*t out of them!

Am I alone in speculating only during the pre-order phase? I don't tend to go back and buy books that might be hot after the fact. If I don't order it based on the solicitations or early word-of-mouth, then I tend not to buy it at all. (shrug)

I'm the opposite as I never pre-order anything. I've done reasonably well taking advantage of market inefficiencies and what not, but have blown the opportunity to do so big time (by not buying stacks of tot 1, peter panzerhouse 1, chew 2 (missed 1 entirely), saga 1 (ok, i bought a bunch of these, but could have had many more), etc.)

What's everyone's opinion about comics that will pick up heat from Marvel and DC's upcoming films? Obviously Iron Man 55 and the various Guardians of the Galaxy books have gone bananas, but what other books do you see drawing attention in the months to come? I'm interested to see who is going to play Ant Man. My gut tells me that its Scott Lang b/c he's featured in Point One, but Marvel's been explicit that its films do not influence comic plots and vice versa. I'm also interested in whether we will see some incarnation of Captain Marvel or Warlock in the Guardians of the Galaxy film to set up a confrontation with Thanos in Avengers 2. Thor 344 has cooled down substantially, but I don't know that it was ever really that hot of a book. And I don't perceive Malekith as a character that people are going to remain interested in for more than the length of the Thor sequel. I've heard buzz about the Mandarin's first appearance, but it's already a big dollar book, like Hank Pym's first appearance. Any thoughts or opinions are appeciated.

What's everyone's opinion about comics that will pick up heat from Marvel and DC's upcoming films? Obviously Iron Man 55 and the various Guardians of the Galaxy books have gone bananas, but what other books do you see drawing attention in the months to come? I'm interested to see who is going to play Ant Man. My gut tells me that its Scott Lang b/c he's featured in Point One, but Marvel's been explicit that its films do not influence comic plots and vice versa. I'm also interested in whether we will see some incarnation of Captain Marvel or Warlock in the Guardians of the Galaxy film to set up a confrontation with Thanos in Avengers 2. Thor 344 has cooled down substantially, but I don't know that it was ever really that hot of a book. And I don't perceive Malekith as a character that people are going to remain interested in for more than the length of the Thor sequel. I've heard buzz about the Mandarin's first appearance, but it's already a big dollar book, like Hank Pym's first appearance. Any thoughts or opinions are appeciated.

I'm not sure if this helps or just fans the flames, but based on the clip below (at ~3:54), that is a good clue:

Here's are some of my choices:

Annihilation Conquest 6 ( first current Guardians of the Galaxy )

Batman The Return 1:200 Sketch Variant ( first Leviathan )

The Punisher 31 ( first Barracuda )

Dark Avengers 177 ( first Boss Cage )

X-Men Second Coming 2 1:50 Finch Variant ( First Uncanny X-Force )

Mondo 1 ( First Peter Panzerfaust )

Dc Universe 0 ( 2nd Print ) ( first Larfleeze )

Savage Dragon 102 ( Invincible Preview )

Rage of the Red Lanterns Special ( first Dex-Starr and his origin Green Lantern 55 variant )

Image First 2005 ( first reprinting of the Walking Dead 1 )

Venom 13 Sketch Variant ( first x-666 amongst others )

Fear Itself 7 (variant) ( First Appearance Marcus Johnson )

And what if the Miguel Slott is referring to is Miguel Legar? After all, Slott hinted about the eyes and Miguel Legar's Eyes turn Blue when he uses his powers. If so Amazing Fantasy Vol. 2 issue 1 would be the book to find but I am pretty sure the print run on that book was high...

Here's are some of my choices:

Annihilation Conquest 6 ( first current Guardians of the Galaxy )

Batman The Return 1:200 Sketch Variant ( first Leviathan )

The Punisher 31 ( first Barracuda )

Dark Avengers 177 ( first Boss Cage )

X-Men Second Coming 2 1:50 Finch Variant ( First Uncanny X-Force )

Mondo 1 ( First Peter Panzerfaust )

Dc Universe 0 ( 2nd Print ) ( first Larfleeze )

Savage Dragon 102 ( Invincible Preview )

Rage of the Red Lanterns Special ( first Dex-Starr and his origin Green Lantern 55 variant )

Image First 2005 ( first reprinting of the Walking Dead 1 )

Venom 13 Sketch Variant ( first x-666 amongst others )

Fear Itself 7 (variant) ( First Appearance Marcus Johnson )

And what if the Miguel Slott is referring to is Miguel Legar? After all, Slott hinted about the eyes and Miguel Legar's Eyes turn Blue when he uses his powers. If so Amazing Fantasy Vol. 2 issue 1 would be the book to find but I am pretty sure the print run on that book was high...

Nice. (thumbs u

All those Fatale books you were upset about paying too much for should be highly sought after now that it is an ongoing title. Great News about an awesome title. I imagine that it's going to start picking up steam on eBay. I just hope that it gets a serious look from Hollywood because it would be an awesome television show!

All those Fatale books you were upset about paying too much for should be highly sought after now that it is an ongoing title. Great News about an awesome title. I imagine that it's going to start picking up steam on eBay. I just hope that it gets a serious look from Hollywood because it would be an awesome television show!

Tried it didnt like it. It could work as a TV show, but I would say a long shot though.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Tried it didnt like it. It could work as a TV show, but I would say a long shot though.

hollywood loves Lovecraft, and with winter soldier being made, brubaker might get a look.