• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

Am I alone in speculating only during the pre-order phase? I don't tend to go back and buy books that might be hot after the fact. If I don't order it based on the solicitations or early word-of-mouth, then I tend not to buy it at all. (shrug)

A) waited until everyone started listing them off based upon my sneaky way of getting people to keep me from having to do MY homework (ME; "Was anything popular from from 1997-2001? I'm not entirely joking.)

Noted; I will try and be sneaker in the future. ;)

I will also put up my own speculation title, so I can be proven wrong:

Ex Sanguine

Only one issue out, so not much to extrapolate on in terms of story. Not sure if there are sales figures out yet.

For it: Written and drawn by Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash and Revival)

Vampire(s)

Detective story

Against it: High cover price ($3.99)

Currently slated as a mini

Vampire over-saturation

A) waited until everyone started listing them off based upon my sneaky way of getting people to keep me from having to do MY homework (ME; "Was anything popular from from 1997-2001? I'm not entirely joking.)

Ex Sanguine

Only one issue out, so not much to extrapolate on in terms of story. Not sure if there are sales figures out yet.

Vampire(s)

Detective story

Vampire over-saturation

Against it: Published by Dark Horse

Ex Sanguine

Vampire(s)

Detective story

Vampire over-saturation

+1

manetteska manipulated you into posting that. :baiting:

Am I alone in speculating only during the pre-order phase? I don't tend to go back and buy books that might be hot after the fact. If I don't order it based on the solicitations or early word-of-mouth, then I tend not to buy it at all. (shrug)

I'm 85% after the fact.

Ted Williams was the last man to bet .400. Apparently his vision was better than 20/20, and he could pick up the seams of the baseball after it had left the pitcher's hand. 2c

I'm 85% after the fact.

Ted Williams was the last man to bet .400. Apparently his vision was better than 20/20, and he could pick up the seams of the baseball after it had left the pitcher's hand. 2c

i tried the pre-order, and i wasn't really losing out, but never really winning big for the amount of work i did.

Ex Sanguine

Vampire(s)

Detective story

Vampire over-saturation

+1

I speculated on it, AGAINST my better judgement.

NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING is worth a 90 day play from Dark Horse.

If a book sells out. They reprint it EXACTLY.

An action that I lovingly call: Dark Horse lazy.

Ex Sanguine

Vampire(s)

Detective story

Vampire over-saturation

+1

Bought 1. Didn't like it... pass.

Just curious does anyone know why this Spawn auction is this high already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121005842175?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I know some the issues are like 10-15 bucks, but..... (shrug)

One of the bidders has 29 total bids in the last 30 days and 12 of them are on that item.

I know, but there isn't anything special about those issues that makes sense for a couple bidders to make it over $200 no?

Just checked out the auction; for 18 books, the $230 current price doesn't make sense other than shilling. The Spawn #100s and #185s go for roughly $10-20 each, but that's only half of the price. No way the other 13 books are $10 each.

I tried that and I ended up with a few extra Mind the Gaps and Epic Kills.

I'd rather get the book on release day. Read it. Make sure it's good. If I feel it has legs, I'll try to pick up more.

I've see a few people list Spidey 2099 on this list. Even if it is indeed Miguel who is the new Spidey, what do you guys think the number 1 (his origin) would reach. Is it ever going to be a $5 book?!? I can pick up dozens of copies at $1 but am very hesitant to do so.

I don't know if Spidey 2009 #1 will go up but I think his first appearance in ASM #365 will be the one to increase if Miguel is the new Spidey.

Yeah I do this too, but heres the rub. You have to tell the difference between a boardie who truly likes the book and the guy who bought 25 copies and is only looking to flip their copies for a profit.

I've see a few people list Spidey 2099 on this list. Even if it is indeed Miguel who is the new Spidey, what do you guys think the number 1 (his origin) would reach. Is it ever going to be a $5 book?!? I can pick up dozens of copies at $1 but am very hesitant to do so.

I don't know if Spidey 2009 #1 will go up but I think his first appearance in ASM #365 will be the one to increase if Miguel is the new Spidey.=

+1 I picked up a few copies of ASM 365 dollar each, not too bad

I'm 85% after the fact.

When you got to the Louisville Slugger Museum they tell a great story about how he could tell the weight of a bat by picking it up and how specific he was about his bats when he ordered them.

More then a few have already bought 10+ copies or more. One guy was trying to buy 100 copies this week. I will sit back and watch this one because I know 2 places I can pick up a ton if it takes off.

More then a few have already bought 10+ copies or more. One guy was trying to buy 100 copies this week. I will sit back and watch this one because I know 2 places I can pick up a ton if it takes off.

How long can the Spidey 2099 era really last until fans demand Peter Parker back?