• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing Pedigree on label

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was checking some of my books on the CGC website and found that my Amazing Spiderman #8 in CGC 9.0 with White Pages is actually a Rocky Mountain Pedigree.

The pedigree designation is not shown on the label.

I called CGC and they will fix it for free which is nice of them.

My question here is: About how much more is this book worth with the pedigree versus without it?

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Pedigree values are hard to determine in a nutshell. Your book is a 9.0 which is kinda low for a pedigree. I sometimes buy 7.0-9.0 pedigrees for 0%-10% more than a non pedigreed issue. But each issue is different, ASM #8 may pull more money than a more common book.

ASM #8 Twin Cities copy sold for double what another 8.0 recently sold for.

Ok my question is why do people really care who or what collection it came from? Why is someone willing pay extra for a pedigree? IMO I don't really care who previously owned it or not. a 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 or similar is that just that to me.

Although comics I bought myself back in the 60's-90's mean a lot to me.

Is there a list somewhere that shows what pedigrees are recognized by CGC? I bought a book not too long ago that came with a pedigree certificate that I had not heard of.

Allentown

Aurora

Bethlehem

Big Apple

Boston

Bowling Green

Carson City

Central Valley

Chicago

Cosmic Aeroplane

Crowley

Curator

Davis Crippen “D” Copy

Denver

Don Rosa Collection

Don/Maggie Thompson Collection

Edgar Church (Mile High)

Gaines File Copy

Green River

Hawkeye

Kansas City

Larson

Lost Valley

Mass. Copy

Mohawk Valley

Northford

Northland

Nova Scotia

Oakland

Ohio

Okajima

Pacific Coast

Palo Alto

Pennsylvania

Recil Macon

River City

Rockford

Rocky Mountain

Salida

San Francisco

Savannah

Spokane

Suscha News

Twilight

Twin Cities

Vancouver

Western Penn

White Mountain

Windy City

Winnipeg

Ok my question is why do people really care who or what collection it came from? Why is someone willing pay extra for a pedigree? IMO I don't really care who previously owned it or not. a 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 or similar is that just that to me.

IMO pedigrees are like a small piece of history. It is neat to think you own a book that comes from an important collection that comes around very rarely, if ever again. The thought of having a book from such collections is very appealing to me... I know others don't care at all.

Bowling Green... :facepalm:

As is typical for your posts, if it isn't "old enough" it isn't "good enough." The Bronze Bowling Greens that I have had the privilege to own and the dozens of others that I have looked at have had the superior gloss and spring typical of the finest examples of such books.

Ask Straw-Man. He likes to have a nice example of each CGC-approved named pedigree.

I face palm because there are many low grade runs of SA books in Bowling Green. I thought pedigree books were supposed to be high grade?

per CGC: The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4.

sure it has its gems but all in all it looks weak again some Rocky Mountain or Twin City examples.

and in the effort of full disclosure i own a run of Bowling Green Marvels so i guess I cant hate them that much...

I face palm because there are many low grade runs of SA books in Bowling Green. I thought pedigree books were supposed to be high grade?

per CGC: The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4.

sure it has its gems but all in all it looks weak again some Rocky Mountain or Twin City examples.

And rightfully so. No reason for me to take a shot at you except that I am insanely in love with the 15 and 20 cent Bowling Green Marvels. It's like you called my girlfriend fat. My apologies. :foryou:

And rightfully so. No reason for me to take a shot at you except that I am insanely in love with the 15 and 20 cent Bowling Green Marvels. It's like you called my girlfriend fat. My apologies. :foryou:

FU

FU

FU back, Chun King.

FU

FU back, Chun King.

:o