• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scam? Action Comics #7...BIN seems too low!

15 posts in this topic

Looks like hijack eBay accounts.

1) Different eBay accounts

2) Too low of BIN's.

3) One day auctions.

4) No Reserve

5) And Pre-Approved bidders only (a dead give away).

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

they never apporve you to buy at low price.

after Auction ends they offer it to you at full price but never approve bidders

Somewhat sign-offtopic.gif

Is Action 7 really only the second Superman cover?

He was AWOL on 2 - 6?

What were they thinking? 893frustrated.gif

He was AWOL on 2 - 6?

"How bad is this crazy guy in tights created by some guys barely out of high school going to flop?" insane.gif

Then the sales numbers rolled and in and 893whatthe.gifshocked.gif !

"I think we need to show more of this crazy dude who wears his underwear on the outside!"

He was AWOL on 2 - 6?

"How bad is this crazy guy in tights created by some guys barely out of high school going to flop?" insane.gif

"I think we need to show more of this crazy dude who wears his underwear on the outside!"

But did it take 6 months (were they monthly issues?) to figure it out? confused.gif

He was AWOL on 2 - 6?

Don't forget; Siegel & Shuster presented thier character several times & were turned down as many times. makepoint.gif

I'm not sure if ebay pulled his auction or if he just got enough emails to try his scam. I must admit before I realized what he was doing I emailed him and asked for a barcode # and now that the auctions are gone he has emailed me and asked me if I am still interested in his item. Needless to say I am not.

Eric

He was AWOL on 2 - 6?

But did it take 6 months (were they monthly issues?) to figure it out? confused.gif

No ... probably 3 months before the numbers had trickled in in sufficient quantities to let them know they had a certifiable hit. Then they needed a couple of months to get the cover and the rest of the issue together.

Take a look at when the Flash was reintroduced back in 1956. Showcase #4 is cover-dated Sep-Oct 1956, yet #8 (his next appearance) is May-Jun 1957. So despite the character being a hit, the sales results still took a long time to get back to the powers that be.

Publishing moves at a glacial pace in comparison to a lot of other industries. Always has, always will.

Alan