• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE THERE ANY PULP COLLECTORS IN THE HOUSE ?

128 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My webhost is having some problems today, so I'll go ahead anyway and post three books in the hope they get thier 893censored-thumb.gif together soon.

Doctor Death # 1, February 1935, Dell Publishing. (Continued from All Detective.) docd1.jpg

I'll join in...

I only have a small collection of pulps, but I've really enjoyed seeing the ones posted here. The current gem of my pulp collection, Wonder Stories V5#2 (August 1933), Paul cover and several big, full page Paul interior illos:

wonderstories_v5n2.jpg

and, another pulp with Paul interior illos., though the cover is by someone named Scott. Marvel Science Stories v1n5, August 1938:

mss_0839.jpg

Look forward to seeing more! Hopefully no one will come along and declare this thread sign-offtopic.gif... The early history of comic books is very tightly tied to the pupl industry.

I was sorting through my odds and ends and thought I'd revive this thread with a few digests from the early 60s that might be considered the last gasp of the shudder pulps.

1st up is Web Terror Stories from Aug. 62

683062-webdigest.jpg

683062-webdigest.jpg.a446f7c2afc3e2ab2931be114ae912f2.jpg

RJ - I love that WEB TERROR! Who is the publisher of that one?

CANDAR publications confused-smiley-013.gif, out of Mass., with editorial offices in NY.

If you're looking for a copy, it seemed to show up on Ebay with some frequency back when I used to peruse the pulp listings more regularly. Usually in around VG condition for $25 -$35.

I keep thinking about getting some pulps, but the ones I am interested in are way too expensive for me right now.

I'd love to get my hands on some Weird Tales with the original Conan stories in them.

I haven't checked prices recently, but Weird Tales was so widely collected in it's day, that most of the issues from the early 1930s onward are not that scarce, and just a few years ago it was still possible to pick up Conan issues in decent shape for around $150-$200 on Ebay, less than that for a more ragged copy. Of course it was a Conan cover ( of which I don't think there were too many) it would probably be more.

Yeah, eventually I will find a copy that I can afford (read really cheap).

Just something I always wanted to have.

Probably be something I stumble on out of the blue too (kinda like the 19 Sunday strips I scored on ebay a week or so ago)

i have wu fang.. the six coffin mystery or something like that. maybe i can dig it up for a scan. great cover. unfortunately, missing the back cover, otherwise i think it's worth some money

Thought I'd bump this thread for those who are interested.

Here's a link to a Pulp Newsgroup where they discuss Pulps and current market conditions within the Pulp hobby. What is of interest is the simularities of concerns within the Pulp collecting community and Comic collecting community.

Makes for good reading. Linkage

****WARNING: Some Pulp collector's believe Comic collectors move their lips while they read.*****