• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- November 22-24, 2013

212 posts in this topic

A mere 27 weeks away! :banana:

Last year we did a board dinner at Fogo de Chao, it'd be great if we could do something similar this year.

I don't know if I would really call it a board dinner as half the people at the table were industry folks. (thumbs u

We did have a good time though!

This year maybe I'll actually make a reservation for us.

A mere 27 weeks away! :banana:

Last year we did a board dinner at Fogo de Chao, it'd be great if we could do something similar this year.

I don't know if I would really call it a board dinner as half the people at the table were industry folks. (thumbs u

We did have a good time though!

This year maybe I'll actually make a reservation for us.

Yes, whatever we call it it was definitely a good time and should do it again. (thumbs u

Denny O'Neil has been added to the guest list! That is a fantastic get for them and I'll definitely have books to be signed.

Awesome. Will be great to meet him. Gotta work on my GL/ga run.

hi guys. new guy from dallas here. fairly new to the cons but i'm coming to wizard world austin later this yr. definitely sat and sunday for me. trying go get a few books signed by neal adams ( and a sketch from him as well) , greg capullo, and bill tucci. hope to see you boardies there. im stoked and its months away. :whee:

hi guys. new guy from dallas here. fairly new to the cons but i'm coming to wizard world austin later this yr. definitely sat and sunday for me. trying go get a few books signed by neal adams ( and a sketch from him as well) , greg capullo, and bill tucci. hope to see you boardies there. im stoked and its months away. :whee:

Welcome to the boards!

I think I am going to go Saturday. I haven't been to one of these yet. Question for the veterans, it says you get a Walking Dead #1 with paid admission. If I buy a ticket online do I get the comic when I arrive? Like at a window or something?

I think I am going to go Saturday. I haven't been to one of these yet. Question for the veterans, it says you get a Walking Dead #1 with paid admission. If I buy a ticket online do I get the comic when I arrive? Like at a window or something?

Yep, you'll exchange your e-ticket for an wristband at the entrance and get the WD #1. I understand they don't give the comic to anyone that purchases a discounted ticket (like Groupon).

I checked the site and couldn't find the information, but is there a list of dealers that will have booths at the show? ComicLink was at the show 2 years back and i was able to drop off some material I consigned to their auctions. Would like to do that again. Thanks.

$50 for one day???

wow. either they seriously upgraded or they are gouging based on last year's show.

my decision to attend will be based almost purely on artists and dealers that are there -- not media guests. i gotta say that right now I am leaning on not going and the show is a 10 min train ride from my house.

SDCC is a cheaper one day ticket than this show and I just spent $5 to go to a decent one day dealer show in New Braunfels.

just sayin -- they are nuts with these prices.

$50 for one day???

wow. either they seriously upgraded or they are gouging based on last year's show.

my decision to attend will be based almost purely on artists and dealers that are there -- not media guests. i gotta say that right now I am leaning on not going and the show is a 10 min train ride from my house.

SDCC is a cheaper one day ticket than this show and I just spent $5 to go to a decent one day dealer show in New Braunfels.

Yeah, its pricey. But last year's show was good for creators and decent for dealers (the ones that were there had good stuff, I just wish there would have been more of them). I've still got it circled on my calendar, but yeah, they are getting into price gouging territory with these admission prices.

$50 for one day???

Yeah, its pricey. But last year's show was good for creators and decent for dealers (the ones that were there had good stuff, I just wish there would have been more of them). I've still got it circled on my calendar, but yeah, they are getting into price gouging territory with these admission prices.

Hell yeah they have. Have you seen how much the Stan Lee packages were? I'm going for Adam's, O'Neil, Capullo, and a few sketchs by Kirkham, Marquez and Chadwick Haverland. Aside from that I'll be staying away from the rest of the chaos. Hopefully there will be some added vendors this year. Looking to pick-up a few holes in the Mag's and most didn't have any except for a few Marvel Previews here and there. Really hoping for some good quality Deadly Kung Fu's especially since Adams will be there.

I hope they have a better comic dealer turnout this year. Last year had a whole booth devoted to a tub of individual Legos, and a booth selling 25 cent per stick incense. These were $1000 booths! When I go to a comic show, and spend real $$ to get in, and the booth spaces are incense and Legos? Really?

There were some really good dealers there too, but it's just disappointing to see the "flea market" fare they bring in last minute to fill up the room. I'm sure they could get a list of back up comic dealers that would make the trip for a half price booth. Those guys (Lego and incense) couldn't have paid full price....

My favorite was the guy selling speakers that stick to stuff...Didn't quite understand his purpose being there but I did see a few buying so who know's. I am looking forward to next years Capital City though. Lot's of sketchings and I can finally get something signed by Leinil Yu for once. Until then WWA should have learned from last year but at least if they didn't I can always swing by ABC's booth or Dragon's Lair as both usually have some good pulls as well as hand out certificates to there local stores.