• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- November 22-24, 2013

212 posts in this topic

Haven't heard of Capitol city. Will check it out.

Does anybody know who the promoter is for Capital City? The site kind of looks like the people who do Texas Comic Con in San Antonio

Will CCS be pressing books in Austin?

No, I emailed them earlier in the year about it but was told they wouldn't. They did say they will have someone on site to receive for pick-up but not for assessing or on site pressing...

I'll be going this year. I wasn't planning on it, but Mark Bagley is going to be attending.

Speaking of which. Got my first piece of Bagley OA from Mysterio. Would love to get some more from him.

Childhood favorite.

Alright, I'm going to bring up the notion of a full out boardie dinner at Fogo de Chao. We had a boardie/pro dinner there last year, and it was a lot of fun. We had about 5-6 boardies, and some of the talent from the show. Let's do it again this year! Who's in?

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Alright, I'm going to bring up the notion of a full out boardie dinner at Fogo de Chao. We had a boardie/pro dinner there last year, and it was a lot of fun. We had about 5-6 boardies, and some of the talent from the show. Let's do it again this year! Who's in?

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

If I can make it over there for the Con, I'm in. We went for a celebratory work function last year, and I ate myself into a carnivore coma.

Last year we had dinner on Saturday night (thanks to Buffyfan/Don) about a half hour after the show closed (so everyone had a chance to close down booths/drop off stuff, ect). If we make a sign up sheet here, I can make a reservation closer to the date.

This won't be set in stone, but if you want to attend, "quote" this and add your name.

So far:

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Kaholo

Ajl007

Psithyrus

Last year we had dinner on Saturday night (thanks to Buffyfan/Don) about a half hour after the show closed (so everyone had a chance to close down booths/drop off stuff, ect). If we make a sign up sheet here, I can make a reservation closer to the date.

This won't be set in stone, but if you want to attend, "quote" this and add your name.

So far:

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Kaholo

Ajl007

Psithyrus

I'll probably be in and I'll talk to some of the "pros" I know and see if they'd like to join us.

I'm sure Hotflips Jeff will join us again as I know he's a meat eater. I might even be able to convince my wife to come this time.

So far:

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Kaholo

Ajl007

Psithyrus

Buffyfan

I'll probably be in and I'll talk to some of the "pros" I know and see if they'd like to join us.

I'm sure Hotflips Jeff will join us again as I know he's a meat eater. I might even be able to convince my wife to come this time.

Look forward to it!

So far:

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Kaholo

Ajl007

Psithyrus

Im interested, but not sure if I will be attending Saturday. Most likely just Friday.

So far:

Jaster-mereel

Mysterio

Kaholo

Ajl007

Psithyrus

Im interested, but not sure if I will be attending Saturday. Most likely just Friday.

They serve food (and perhaps more importantly, beer) on Fridays too. If that is the only day you'll be there we will figure something out. It'd be good to meet you.