• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- November 22-24, 2013

212 posts in this topic

Yep got a Batman 232, 251 for Neal and Denny, Detective 370, 372 for Neal, a few Daredevil's for Denny, a hand full of X-Force's for Capullo, David Marquez's run for All New X-Men, a hand full for Bagley, a few variants for Horn, and then a couple of commissions to pick-up from Chadwick Haverland and Kirkham. Trying to do as much as I can on Friday so that on Saturday and Sunday I can relax and just walk around. Maybe hit Zenescope for a variant or two and even say hello to both you and Mr. Torrey Quella of Twin Cities.

Hello everyone!

New to the boards but I have been collecting comics for the past couple of years (but been reading them since grade school though!). My main focus though is Star Wars toy collecting but after going to many comic conventions I have not gotten into comic collecting. Went to WW Austin for the first time last year and I am excited to be going back again this year!

This forum is awesome and a great resource to me since I am still new to comic collecting. Well hope to see you guys there in Austin!

Hello everyone!

New to the boards but I have been collecting comics for the past couple of years (but been reading them since grade school though!). My main focus though is Star Wars toy collecting but after going to many comic conventions I have not gotten into comic collecting. Went to WW Austin for the first time last year and I am excited to be going back again this year!

This forum is awesome and a great resource to me since I am still new to comic collecting. Well hope to see you guys there in Austin!

WTTB! Hope to see you in Austin!

Okay so Wizard will do a show in Austin 2014 in Oct several sites have conflicting dates.

That is good news, it would have been a really bad idea to abandon Austin. Early October is a better time to do it too, but strange they've got it as the only 2 day show on that list.

Okay so Wizard will do a show in Austin 2014 in Oct several sites have conflicting dates.

That is good news, it would have been a really bad idea to abandon Austin. Early October is a better time to do it too, but strange they've got it as the only 2 day show on that list.

I'm not sure how well Friday really does for them here, anyway. Moving to October is great. I wonder how much they will cannibalize with WW SA in August though. Seems really close together and SA is so close I would imagine there are quite a few who drive up to Austin for the day or weekend who might now not bother.

I'm not sure how well Friday really does for them here, anyway. Moving to October is great. I wonder how much they will cannibalize with WW SA in August though. Seems really close together and SA is so close I would imagine there are quite a few who drive up to Austin for the day or weekend who might now not bother.

True, but I imagine it'll depend on how much the guest lists overlap and how much people enjoy WW SA. They are 2 months apart, which isn't as bad as it could be (for example, Dallas Fan Days and WW Austin will be on consecutive weekends in 2014...).

True, but I imagine it'll depend on how much the guest lists overlap and how much people enjoy WW SA. They are 2 months apart, which isn't as bad as it could be (for example, Dallas Fan Days and WW Austin will be on consecutive weekends in 2014...).

From talking with creators over the years, it seems the guests are typically signed for the whole or large parts of the tour. Given how close together the shows are, I would expect significant overlap. And with the price for the tickets, I think unless you are very hardcore fan of the few celebs and creators who don't overlap or you simply don't care then most people are going to pick one.

One thing I observed over the years with Austin is that the crowd was very local and very last minute.

Just a heads up that Wizard typically releases a large block of tickets via groupon right before the show at 50-70% off.

I think if I go, it will be last minute.