• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

p51j.jpg

Getting some press.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/06/escape-from-jesus-island-1-a-exclusive-christmas-week-comic-for-phantom-retailers/

Despite the provocative title, the mechanics are rock solid.

Killer art.

Fabulous backstory.

In the near future cloning exists, for the rich.

They pay 40k to clone their pets with a company.

Somebody at the company tries to clone Jesus.

The kickstarter generated enough cash to print 3k.

Phantom printed 3k.

6k total

( I'm launching a TON of material under Phantom First Friday next year )

They printed 5999 too many

They printed too many, why? I am a horror fan and this seems like something I would like. People trying to clone Jesus (think Punk Rock Jesus) and they succeed. However they also made an antichrist. The Vatican is going in to retrieve their bog and slaughter will ensue. Yup, sounds like a winning combination to me.

Not to mention Larry is doing his own distribution channel for the book which makes it cool and somewhat exclusive. It is outside the confines of Diamond. Didn't Larry help distribute Sacrafice, which I loved.

Good to see that the over saturation is causing stores to leave the program. Sure seems heavy handed anyways. There's way too many being churned out. And I don't blame the collector at all for backing off.

Here's hoping Image gets the memo. I'm sick of seeing multiples covers of their books.

The Program just lost three retailers for various reasons but signed up six new shops to fill the void.

Great news.

Right?

( Shops that do not offer Phantoms at cover price the week they ship tend to find their way out of the program rather quickly )

Here's my next offering:

jgki.jpg