• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

okay but being as there's a successful program out there called ghost variants, and you had the hokie name of 'larry's'....did you think that phantom was a little...derivative?

There's a story with the Ghost / Phantom names if you care to go back in the threads & read it.

hokie name of 'larry's'.< Yeah, I started my shop when I was 17, the brain is not fully developed.

Posting baiting / taunting statements on message boards under an anonymous moniker:ranx is pretty lame/hokie too though...

okay but being as there's a successful program out there called ghost variants, and you had the hokie name of 'larry's'....did you think that phantom was a little...derivative?

There's a story with the Ghost / Phantom names if you care to go back in the threads & read it.

hokie name of 'larry's'.< Yeah, I started my shop when I was 17, the brain is not fully developed.

Posting baiting / taunting statements on message boards under an anonymous moniker:ranx is pretty lame/hokie too though...

well I didn't mean to taunt you...I guess I'm just a little curious what the story could be cause I feel a little bamboozled by the name recognition thing, I have a couple of phantom variants I thought were the same as ghost variants. I am sure there is a valid explanation.

look if you're gonna be thin skinned why even put yourself out here with the 'phantom program?'

well I didn't mean to taunt you...I guess I'm just a little curious what the story could be cause I feel a little bamboozled by the name recognition thing, I have a couple of phantom variants I thought were the same as ghost variants. I am sure there is a valid explanation.

look if you're gonna be thin skinned why even put yourself out here with the 'phantom program?'

Like I said, if you care to go back & read the details.

Ghost program started.

Larry got left out

Larry got mad

Larry started his own variants

Larry has a cash cow until the 90's are over and comics become over printed junk.

Correction...

ComicPro "shared retailer variant" program started.

Larry offered to revamp the failing "shared retailer variant" program.

ComicsPro turned down the revamp.

Comicspro took the template for the revamp & outside the organization the

Ghost "shared retailer variant" program started consisting of mostly ComicsPro members.

Larry & many other members got left out.

Larry got mad.

Larry started his own "shared retailer variant" program with the others left out of Ghost.

Get it right Anthony.

Ghost or Phantom, you like it, buy it. All I know, ghost program is lost cause, they have so few stores and they haven't put out a lot covers. Every time I go, they always try to hit me with limit one per person. On the other hand, Larry provided a good service when I purchased from.

like which one you will....but I think there is a lot of confusion out there about which one's which...it makes me feel like when hollywood puts out a huge movie and then a low budget company puts out a low budget with a similar theme and name...they are profiting from from people getting confused...that doesn't seem right

Ya know, I may be blind to alot of things on this board but.....tell me this: why does Larry always bring the hate? Personally, I find his posts very informative and love his weekly reports but there are always members busting his huevos whenever it seems he posts. These contests brings down the enjoyment of the forum, for me.

If members have a problem with Larry, you would think a PM convo would be the route to go. Why air all this animosity on here?

Awwww, but that's not how the internet works. Gotcha.

no...I like his posts too...more power to him...but I call it like I see it, should I cow tow?

I like Bill Clinton too, but I'd still try to ask him why he signed Doma....and I'm not trying to be a hater on him. Just it seems like this is uncouth and I'd love to know why it's...couth?

I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers...

no...I like his posts too...more power to him...but I call it like I see it, should I cow tow?

I like Bill Clinton too, but I'd still try to ask him why he signed Doma....and I'm not trying to be a hater on him. Just it seems like this is uncouth and I'd love to know why it's...couth?

I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers...

Why would the phantom variant book you just bought be any different from a Ghost Variant book?

They're two different programs. But you still hold a wildly_fanciful_statement modern variant in your hands.

I don't like the demographic situation of the Phantom program. but I still think Larry does a great job promoting it and coming out with some great titles.

I really do think that if you guys went through Larry to buy phantoms and not through an phantom program retailer you might see how nice and accommodating Larry is. 2c

Ghost program started.

Larry got left out

Larry got mad

Basically thats it.

Larry is his own worst enemy - then add the racist tweets and we have a seller who polarises buyers.

Two weeks you just came back from larry - bite your tongue.

Its all over the net Pal - look for KFC and "-Lips" all courtesy of our very own Mr Comics - Larry Doherty.

>>I kinda wish the recent phantom variant I bought was actually a ghost variant....This thread made me realize that they are different, and as I'm pretty knowledgeable about comics I wonder how many people have made the same mistake to the profit of Larry and the detriment of those buyers..<<

Snicker...You seem pretty bright.

I would imagine VERY few...

This system drags itself into the mud harboring all the crazies...

Why would the phantom variant book you just bought be any different from a Ghost Variant book?

They're two different programs. But you still hold a wildly_fanciful_statement modern variant in your hands.

I don't like the demographic situation of the Phantom program. but I still think Larry does a great job promoting it and coming out with some great titles.

I really do think that if you guys went through Larry to buy phantoms and not through an phantom program retailer you might see how nice and accommodating Larry is. 2c

I hear that.

The Program is almost a year old.

I'm not opening any new accounts in existing territories, but realize fans need outlets at cover price.

I just added a few shops:

Zapp Comics, NJ (2)

Samuraii, Comics, AZ (3)

Bazinga Comics, TX

Black Cat Comics, UT

I'll have a Phantom shop in every state by 2014.

There's NOBODY working harder at fairly expanding a shared retailer variant program than me.