• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Announces A new Global Shipping Program

54 posts in this topic

I'm not a big seller on Ebay, but I will say that I have never shipped international - way too many nightmare stories about it for me to consider it, regardless of what safeguards are in place.

Now here on the Boards - I'm ok going international.

(thumbs u

I ship internationally on occasion, but not for sales via eBay.

The current USPS rate hike has made buying internationally...incredibly tough unless you're buying in bulk.

When I first heard of this 'Global Shipping Program', I thought it was going to be some sort of subsidy to keep international buyers using ebay. Maybe that might happen :wishluck:

There's currently a bug with this program when you try to combine items for shipping.

I was being quoted over $80 for a $20 shipment due to it charging shipping and import duty fees for each item individually and not allowing you to combine lots.

Another issue is that comics are exempt from import duty in the UK but Ebay still charged these on the program.

Eventually the seller was kind enough to charge me the amount for a single item and ship the rest for free.

It was a mess though.

Anyone using this money to charge import duties is losing business. Duties are bad enough but to be overcharged by some eBay program? I've emailed a few sellers asking to pay and deal with any charges myself.

If you are using this program you may as well not ship internationally.

I made a mistake by using this service, more questions than it supposed to be. I can't send the invoice to the buyer when auction ended, he/she have to use the checkout service and choose their choice of shipping from the hub center. The problem i have is how do i insert the shipping fee to the invoice, shipping from my place to the hub center. It is so confusing with this global shipping program.

I personally do not like this Global Shipping service. I was forced to use it recently on an Ebay purchase and it ended up costing $60+ to ship one comic from the US to Canada. It was a $300 purchase, but still having purchased as much as i have in the last 4 or so years, i do not see what is wrong with regular Priority shipping.

Most of my Ebay buys are from US sellers and i am fully aware of all of the costs involved. For purchases under $50, i am fine with First Class, as long as the books are packed well and proper. I fully understand the risk with having no tracking and insurance, yet i have always received my books. However most sellers are removing the option of First Class for buyers like myself, and that is if they are willing to ship outside the US at all. Is it really that big of a deal to ship books to Canada if i am willing to pay the $15-$20 for Priority? I have watch many books that i have longed for go to other buyers the sole reason that the seller just blindly refuses to ship outside the US. Is my money not as good?

sig.jpg