• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First STAR WARS now Hasbro Toys!?

20 posts in this topic

HOLY DROKK! DISNEY'S HUNGER KNOWS NO ENDS!!! :ohnoez:

http://www.toyark.com/news/general-toy-news-49/disney-wants-to-buy-hasbro-inc-6721/

I know this is all rumer, but if true this would be the biggest toy news in years.

Wouldn't shock me at all. As I mentioned in the other Disney thread, part of the licensing deal that Hasbro signed with Lucas in the 90's to be the company to produce all the toys involved Lucas getting an large equity stake in Hasbro in return. So if Disney does this they will, in effect, be buying a large chunk of Hasbro from Lucas.

what is the benefit to Disney? Im not being obtuse but asking a legit question. I have no clue why this is newsworthy so hopefully someone can help me.

Again, legit question, no sarcasm, or Admiral Ackbar "ITS A TRAP!" question

what is the benefit to Disney? Im not being obtuse but asking a legit question. I have no clue why this is newsworthy so hopefully someone can help me.

To make money off the entire franchise, not a piece of it. Lucas recognized in the beginning that the most money will be made with toys and merchandising deals. With the purchase they will own what I believe to be the more lucrative part of the equation.

To make money off the entire franchise, not a piece of it. Lucas recognized in the beginning that the most money will be made with toys and merchandising deals. With the purchase they will own what I believe to be the more lucrative part of the equation.

I'm not familiar with Disney's current licensing involving toys, so it may be a move (if true) for them to cut out the licensing and go straight into toy manufacturing. Hasbro is a great toy company and sure enough Lucas owns a small chunk of it, er, um, I mean The Mouse House.

Though I do not know if the deal with Disney includes Lucas's interest in Hasbro.

Trying to not have competition that can challenge them.

Hasbro owns Transformers,GI jOE,My Little Pony and yes

Magic the Gathering.

Hasbro also owns their own cable network HUB.

So I can see why they are making a play for Hasbro.

DISNEY BUYS APPLE!

:jokealert:

now THAT would be a scary headline!

It could be the other way around. APPLE BUYS DISNEY (GETS PIXAR BACK)